“Yummy treats and Packed to Go!”

La Dolce Vita Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Bryson City
Description: Come in for made from scratch baked goods, house made gelato, and the perfect cup of house roasted coffee. We feature beans from various locations across the world and roast them to a city roast in order to showcase the flavor of their region.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

What a delightful dessert the La Dolce Vita Bakery served and packed for us for our Smokey Mountain picnic. They have a wide selection of treats, cupcakes, brownies, cookies, muffins, etc., and smiling faces behind the counter. Typical prices for a unique bakery. I recommend the Rocky Road Brownie.

2  Thank Kgardner120
Gianna C, Owner at La Dolce Vita Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop in and enjoy treats then write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your sweets. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope you will stop back by again!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped in here on a hot day for something cold. The lady at the counter was very busy, but so sweet. We ordered frappuccinos, chocolate shake and root beer float. I tasted everyone else's and all were delicious. This little place has wi-fi, so bring your electronics and hang out awhile.

1  Thank rmom23
Gianna C, Owner at La Dolce Vita Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for enjoying some of our frozen treats! We appreciate your review! Stop by and see us any time!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Cinnamon rolls caught my eye as soon as I walked in. I immediately ordered this. The lady behind the counter, who is the manager even offered me some sugar cream to spread over the bun. It tasted great until a hair was spotted on the Cinnamon Bun. I brought this to her attention and she was visibly irritated with me for saying something about it, perhaps even uncomfortable. When working with food, no matter what you are doing, a hair net should be worn, this way it minimizes chances of these things happening. I do understand that mistakes happen and I'm sure this was not purposeful, however when it is brought to your attention as a manager, you should respond with apologies and your best efforts to fix the problem. I truly hope this helps her to become more aware.

Gianna C, Owner at La Dolce Vita Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am sorry you are unhappy. I apologized and replaced the cinnamon roll for free while you were in the bakery. I apologized to your husbands review as well. The piece of fuzz in your cinnamon roll was unacceptable. I am sorry.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere reminds you of an small town bakery. Wife and I ordered a cinnamon roll and vanilla shake. Very healthy portion for our cinnamon roll, the only problem was that it had hair in it (see pictures). The lady helping us , who later identified herself as the owner assured us it was only fuzz: hmmm is fuzz an ingredient that you cook with? I think not, visibly aggravated and upset that we had the nerve to mention the hair in our cinnamon roll the owner paused a bit as if she were waiting for us to say "ok no problem" and continue eating our hair infested meal.

A bit of advise for the owner... If someone notices hair, fuzz or anything other than what you bake with in their food, the only response should be, i apologize i will get you another one; not the look of aggravation and frustration that we recieved.

For that she gets an F. Coincidently the hair in our food was black and curly and the owners hair seemed to be a perfect match. Hey a hair net lady!

The shake was pretty good.... Considering she could only use ice cream from the back, instead of the variety of flavors she had in her front display case.

1  Thank SPK77

I will apologize once again. If I seemed at all frustrated it was because we were very busy. I didn't mean to offend you at all. Please accept this apology, the apology on your wife's review, the apology I gave while you were in the bakery, and the complimentary cinnamon roll. I am sorry you are not happy.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Nothing special. Nothing. Coffee was weak. Everything just super mediocre. Strawberry-Lemonade was just poured from gallon jug and mixed with ice. Cupcakes left much to be desired.

1  Thank Ordinary8

We are sorry you were not happy with your choices. We take a lot of pride in the creation and serving of our produces and would like each customer to be happy. We would gladly have fixed any issues we were aware of while you were in the bakery. Please be sure to let us know if you stop by again and we will make it up to you.