“Very nice property--Quirky Set Up”
other travelers have booked this property
Large patio  to enjoy FIRE PIT & BBQ, lots of seating
35 x 35 patio with FirePit & BBQ, lots of seating CREEK runs over 400feet along front of property
Check Availability
Looking at Rose Manor mountain top from Northern neighbors
Paved Road right to Rose Manor
Pass Rose Manor it is gravel and great hiking
Rose on driveway with Eco Cabin in background
Deer under our apple tree, also have blueberry bushes
Eco Cabin in the trees
In the trees!
Rocking Chair Room in Eco Cabin
ECO Cabin Dining, Plus Large Wraparound Bar
Eco Kitchen side with loft overhead
Eco Kitchen, granite counters, Hobbit room entrance bottom left of photo
Hobbit Room
Eco Cabin living area
Eco Cabin bathroom sink, has separate room for tub & toilet. Brand new cabin with C.O. Sept. 2011
Main House with leaves dropped only time visible as it is in the trees!
FirePlace Room has King Bed, Lots of Seating & Windows!
FirePlace Room Has Lots of Seating
FirePlace Room, KING BED
Wood Room King Bed
Bunk Beds in Wood Room
2nd level kitchen w/ limited availability
Nature's Rest Bedroom w/Natural Latex Queen, extra fee for it plus private bath
Part of first level bathroom has bathtub
walk the suspension bridge 3 miles away
Adventure activities check our web site for more
2 sides of Eco Cabin
July 22, 2014 Fawn in Creek Area
Fawn enjoys Rose Manor's  creek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jim G
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very nice property--Quirky Set Up”
Reviewed October 1, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Let me start by saying the owner is incredibly nice, very responsive and clearly has a vision for her property which I respect. The setting is beautiful, with the creek, the garden, fire pit and woods. The eco cabin is very nicely designed and exciting for kids and I like the idea behind it. The other guest rooms in the main house have a very basement feel and the sink for the kitchen there is in the bathroom which is a little odd, and you have folks upstairs, which is a first for a vacation rental for us and we have been renting places for more than 10 years.

I would say staying in the cabin with a small group would be good, we had a larger group and felt a bit cramped. There was also construction going on while we were there, which the owner informed us of beforehand so fair enough. As mentioned, the main house upper levels are occupied so you are really not alone on the property which can be good or bad, but for us made us not be able to relax completey as we were looking for a total escape. So for small groups, who don't mind company it's a nice spot.

I respect the owner's vision and appreciate her hospitality so I will give the overall experience four stars but in the future we will go back to stand alone properties.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The creek
Liked least: Too cramped in cabin and lower house. Not as relaxing as we thought it would be.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
May 15, 2015
Hi, thanks for your helpful comments. Since you booked directly through Flipkey and did not talk with me on the phone you were not made aware that the Eco cabin is what I rent out to guests first and if more space is needed than the 3 bedrooms it provides then I offer the first level of main house. Four of the beds are less than 2 years old.The first level remains unrented when the Eco cabin is rented and the 2nd kitchen is just a bonus. Typically ONE person is in residence on the other side of the property during the summer to manage & keep it pristine. Unfortunately I had hired someone to clean as I was in Florida upon your arrival and I am sorry that the cleanliness was not 100%. The cable for direct TV was upgraded and improvement worked on for part of your stay and again I apologize for any inconvenience. You paid a large fee to Flipkey so I understand your concerns which no other guests have experienced and hopefully won't in the future. Thank You.
Dan G
“A truly magical place!”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Setting up the rental through FlipKey was easy enough and the owner responded quickly with detailed information. Linda, the owner, has a very keen sense and will help you rent appropriate lodging with a little info, this was greatly appreciated! Directions to Rose Manor were very accurate and finding it was very easy! Upon arriving, Linda introduced herself, walked me through the rental and shared any and all info I needed to know. She also is a gracious host and will guide you to some local places that you wouldn't find on your own, that make the stay extra special! She also has an uncanny ability to give you just what you need, as I arrived in great pain from a Fibromyalgia flare up, which she eased with a Kemp seed drink, that I accepted without hesitation. We discussed many things that might help me and after 12 years of no help from physicians, Linda cured a debilitating ailment, that I am still free of 3 days later! This goes beyond any expectation I could have ever asked for! I find her to be an accepting, open and very inspirational woman who is very humble, with a knowledge base of organic foods and healthy living, like no other! She is happy to share her time with you or let you spend your time quietly, absorbing the wonderful atmosphere Rose Manor emits. Be sure to visit all areas of the grounds, for they offer observing wildlife, butterflies, the calming sway of the trees and the beautiful gardens all around. I anxiously await my next visit, as soon as I have vacation time to come back! I've stayed in dozens of places in my life, but none leave the memory that I keep for myself, that Rose Manor and Linda gave me. I came as a guest and left a friend, thank you Linda, can't wait to visit again!

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Atlanta GA

Reviewed September 8, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

GA
Reviewed June 8, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;