“A first for my & the kids”

Nantahala Village Riding Stable
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family & I recently visited Cherokee & Bryson City. We were staying at Kirkland Creek Campground & loved the location! We were close to EVERYTHING!! Horse back riding was a definite thing we had to do. My husband had rode before, but myself & the kids had never done it! All of our horses were perfect for us. Our guide was super sweet & so was her Daddy! We had a blast! It was really affordable & they do Military discounts!!

1  Thank Heather D
Jessi C, Manager at Nantahala Village Riding Stable, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and your guide. Stevie is definitely an asset to our establishment. We are extremely proud and thankful for military members and always have a discount for them and their family's.

There are newer reviews for Nantahala Village Riding Stable

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I will first say this was my first time riding a horse on a trail so have nothing to compare it to. Having said that I also found it a little boring, although there is a beautiful view of the lake at one point, the rest is forest.So it is is a great place if that is what you are looking for.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful trip!! The owner and guide were friendly and helpful, the views were amazing. Not really sure how the previous reviews could call it boring?!!?! We loved it!!!! I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone in the area. Well worth the time and money. We did the hour trip which was enough for us just being beginners, however there are longer trips.

1  Thank lovednb
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went out of our way to ride at this facility. The stable has been in the family for over 30 years. Beautiful ride, incredibly friendly host- loved it- highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

As others have said, this is a small, older, family run stable.
I can recall riding here well over a decade ago, although then I think it was run by the father of the current owner.

It is tucked away in a hollow, down a winding road behind the Nantahala Village.

The horses are very gentle and the trail is well worn by these horses so it is quite an easy ride for the novice. This might actually be a negative point for the more experienced rider. The horses were so well trained to follow the leader that we were a little more like cargo then "riders".
We took the whole family, the youngest of whom is 10 and had ridden a horse maybe twice before.

While I wouldn't travel to Nantahalla just to ride here, if you have an extra hour or so when visiting the area and want to do something a little different for the family or with a date, this is a nice peaceful ride through the woods (and beautiful in the fall).