“Great breakfast for an early start in Bryson City”
Review of The Iron Skillet

The Iron Skillet
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: American
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great breakfast for an early start in Bryson City”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Looking for a great way to start your day in Bryson City? No better place than breakfast at The Iron Skillet. Tucked away in downtown Bryson, near the river, The Iron Skillet offers an expansive breakfast and lunch menu. Egg dishes, pancakes and French toast come with all the trimmings here, where locals have flocked for years. And, don't miss the Iron Skillet sausage gravy, a Southern tradition that will keep you coming back. The menu is very reasonably priced and the family atmosphere makes it popular for everyone.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bill T

“Hometown Cooking”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I were visiting Bryson City for the first time and we were looking for somewhere good to eat breakfast. The Iron Skillet was it! Good hometown cooking. Lots of choices on the menu and good prices. You gotta try their bacon. It was the best bacon I have ever eaten. Thick and crispy, very flavorful! If we were in town the next day we would have gone back again!

2 Thank Lowens1234
Morristown
“Great Hometown Restaurant & Gluten Free is possible”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed breakfast here. We were greated by a friendly waitress. My husband had Eggs, Bacon, Biscuits and Gravy and they put tomatoes on top at his request. I had to eat gluten free. This was not a problem. The menu did not state gluten free but I explained what I needed to avoid and ordered a cheese omelet with a side of bacon. I would recommend this restaurant. The food was tasty and was served quickly.

1 Thank Melanie M
Gainesville, Florida
“Quick and friendly.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I ate breakfast at the Iron Skillet while we were in Bryson City for a few days and it was pretty good. They had traditional diner breakfast options, and some other novelty items as well. We both got the "working man special" which was eggs, bacon, biscuit, homefries and a pancake, and it was delicious. The biscuit was definitely phenomenal, however the coffee left something to be desired. The staff was super friendly and had our order out super quick. Would definitely recommend the Iron Skillet if you're looking for a traditional breakfast in Bryson City.

1 Thank Joy D
Whittier, North Carolina
“Not Happy”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Two coworkers and myself decided to grab lunch before out meeting today. The restaurant we originally were going to go to was closed so we went over to the Iron Skillet. We will not be returning there. We did not have out food within 45 minutes. We ended up getting out order to and eat at the meeting. When I opened my grilled chicken salad to eat it turned out I only had a tossed salad. Upon on return to the office we tried to stop by to get this corrected and they were closed until 5 PM. My coworkers indicated their food was not good. Needless to say we will not be returning there.