“AWESOME!!!!!”

Rolling Thunder River Company
Ranked #3 of 15 Tours in Bryson City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Rolling Thunder River Company has provided exceptional river trips for almost 40 years. The family-friendly Nantahala River in western North Carolina has become a favorite river for hundreds of thousands of rafters each season. We offer Guided/Follow-A-Guide/Non-Guided options. Family-owned and operated.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Last year (2011) we were looking for somewhere to go white water rafting and we found The Rolling Thunder River Company. When I called to ask a few questions about them the lady in the office was very nice and answered all of my questions. We took our kids (ages 8 & 11 at the time) and my in-laws (who are in their 50s) and everyone LOVED it. In fact that was one part of our vacation the kids talked about all year long. We just got back from yet another trip down the Nantahala River and my husband and I are talking about going again in a few weeks. The people are so nice and friendly, from the ones in the office to the bus drivers right down to the guides that go down the river with you. If you are looking to have fun on your vacation, this is where you want to be. And one of the best parts is the price, it is very affordable.

1  Thank Dodie_Scarborough

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We recently went on a family roadtrip vactation. We visited DC, Va, Ga FL and NC. Had a wonderful time every where we went. The expierence at the Rolling Thunder River Co. was by far our favorite. The people were very friendly and our guide Sparrow was quite entertaining. We had two children 10 and 12, a close family friend, and myself in the raft. The trip down the Nantahala River was very beautiful and full of just enough rapid action to keep us on our toes. Highly recommended to those of you with a sense of adventure. Great family fun.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I’ve been heading into the NC mountains white water rafting for many years bringing anyone and everyone I know who wants to have a very fun filled day in the outdoors, on a white water river, while being safe and not spending a lot of money in the process. In my opinion, from over 15 yrs of rafting in North Carolina, nobody does it better than Rolling Thunder. The entire staff at Rolling Thunder is extremely courteous, helpful with any issues or concerns and always willing and wanting to make sure everyone is taken care of and has a fabulous time. Rolling Thunder retains their experienced river guides year after year ensuring a staff that’s knowledgeable in all they do. Another good thing about Rolling Thunder is that they aren’t the biggest (and far from the smallest) outfit on the Nantahala or the Ocoee and that’s what makes them more personable and accommodating. Over the years, I've organized rafting trips for small and large groups and I’ve never felt Rolling Thunder couldn’t handle it. At all times, I felt everyone at Rolling Thunder was focused on ensuring our rafting trip was the very best possible.
Rolling Thunder River Company is the Best!!!!

1  Thank Ron J
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My sister and aunt came up to my home in SC for a week and we all drove up to Rolling Thunder in NC for a rafting experience. We had a blast!!! That was my first time EVER rafting so of course I was nervous. Let me just say I would do it again and again.....and I would go with Rolling Thunder each time. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly; the price is very reasonable and the trip down the river itself was amazing. We loved it!! Thanx RT!!!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is the best company for white water rafting. Our guide Nick made the trip fun for all of us.
This was the frist time our friends went rafting and Nick was great!! They are now hook on
white water rafting. He made the trip really great for the kids and lots of information about the
river. The office staff are very friendly!! If you want fun this is the company to go with.. The guides
make the trip safe and fun for all ages.. We look forward to our next trip down the river.
The pictures came out great!! Thank you to all for making this a great adventure.