“Loads of good trout, and tons of fun for kids”

Cooper Creek Trout Farm & Pond
Ranked #12 of 35 things to do in Bryson City
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My five and seven year old had a great time, caught 6 large trout, spent about $50 including cleaning and filleting. Ryan was very conversational and friendly, the grounds were nice, clean, and scenic. Fun way to spend a day vacationing with the kids, if staying in nearby Fontana, Bryson City, or Cherokee. The trout was delicious!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was not fishing, it was more like a different way of buying fish. You are 100% guaranteed to get a fish every time you throw your bait. I am okay with that as the fish we "bought" were fresh, the guy preparing the fish was very nice. However, I am giving a "terrible" review because the owner was very rude.

8  Thank jessicamaricela
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is an awesome place to spend some time with your kids. There is a little pond with thousand of trouts weighting around pound and a half each, set in the middle of the mountains. You pay a little fee for the fishing equipment and you'll set. Very easy to catch fish, kids love this.
You are charge 5 bucks for each pound you catch.
I agree with reviewers, the fish are left with so many bones that is almost impossible to eat them.
We really enjoyed the visit.

3  Thank TboneQuasimodo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm giving this a 4 just cos we almost didn't want to come back the next day if not for our son! The 1st day we were there sometime in the afternoon, there were people waiting around for their fish to be cleaned by the guy (co-owner?) He didn't even acknowledge us or any newcomers to ask questions..We waited quite a while & he still ignored us! I can understand he had plenty of catch to clean but at least say hi I'll be right w/ you or something! So we left!

The next day, we decided to give this place a try again 1st thing in the morning & we were the 1st ones to be there. The same guy came out, greeted us & set my son up w/ his fishing pole & worms. The guy was very friendly this time & even walked around the pond & chatted w/ us! My son ended up w/ 2 trouts & he was so proud! :)
So all in all we had a great time! Beautiful place too! Don't let the dirt road going there fool you! There's also a very friendly "gentlemanly" white dog that came & said hi to us..:)

1  Thank Ani L
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I had a great time fishing at the trout farm. We caught six nice trout, about 9 lbs. The price for renting equipment and paying for the fish was very reasonable we thought. It was not until we returned home and invited our neighbors over to enjoy a great fresh trout dinner. There were so many bones left in the filets we could not enjoy the meal. Part of what you pay for is quality filets, there where bones left in every filet.

5  Thank Tommy7035