“hours?”

Cooper Creek Trout Farm & Pond
Reviewed July 13, 2012

please put your hours your signs so people will not drive up the dirt road and find out your closed

2  Thank cstenn
"pliers"
"pole"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This place is in a gorgeous location on the very edge of the Smoky Mountain National Park. The ride up Cooper Creek Road was enjoyable because it is definitely a back road. We caught large, beautiful trout and the staff was so helpful and great with my 2 young boys. My only complaint would be that we caught the fish so fast and wished it could have taken longer because we loved being there.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Jerry Cooper is a generous host who closed the gates early so we could have a private "family reunion" party. Had staff stay late and help us catch and clean our fish. Fun was had by all, from the youngest to the oldest. Everybody caught a fish and made a memory. The fish were delish, too! Was definitely one of the best things we did during our reunion in Bryson city.

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

We brought our 3 and 5 year old boys here on the morning they stocked the pond. Within 20-30 minutes, each boy had three fish! It was great fun. We had them clean the fish for $1 each and paid $61 total plus a tip for the nice man that stayed with us to bait hooks and pull the hooks out of the fish. They even gave us a cooler to bring the fish home in!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We are in our late twenties and do not have kids. I kept reading reviews of this place and saw that a lot of people were taking their kids, so figured it must be fun. I wasn't sure how it would be for two adults who usually fish in the wild and not at pay lakes. I was excited to try it, though. I was not disappointed!

We went in the morning of our anniversary. It is on a long road in the middle of nowhere, which is right up our alley. At a little after 9, it was not crowded. The gentleman at the building where you sign in and pay was very friendly and helpful. For $2 a person, they supply the rod and reel, nightcrawlers, a bucket, net and pliers. You must keep what you catch at $4.50 a lb.

At first, I was not catching anything, so the man came over to help. He gave us a few tips, adjusted my line and BOOM we were in business. We actually caught fish so quickly we only stayed an hour or else we would have ended up with way too much to take home! The trout have a lot of fight, so landing one is pretty exciting.

Between the two of us, we caught 7 nicely sized rainbow trout. It ended up being about 9.5 lbs. After $1 per fish to clean, we got out of there with good fish and had an awesome time for about $50. I felt like we learned some good fishing tips despite the experience being pretty easy. I can't wait to go trout fishing again!

2  Thank JRRTraveler