“Great time!”

Cooper Creek Trout Farm & Pond
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

We brought our 3 and 5 year old boys here on the morning they stocked the pond. Within 20-30 minutes, each boy had three fish! It was great fun. We had them clean the fish for $1 each and paid $61 total plus a tip for the nice man that stayed with us to bait hooks and pull the hooks out of the fish. They even gave us a cooler to bring the fish home in!

All reviews
"pliers"
"pole"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We are in our late twenties and do not have kids. I kept reading reviews of this place and saw that a lot of people were taking their kids, so figured it must be fun. I wasn't sure how it would be for two adults who usually fish in the wild and not at pay lakes. I was excited to try it, though. I was not disappointed!

We went in the morning of our anniversary. It is on a long road in the middle of nowhere, which is right up our alley. At a little after 9, it was not crowded. The gentleman at the building where you sign in and pay was very friendly and helpful. For $2 a person, they supply the rod and reel, nightcrawlers, a bucket, net and pliers. You must keep what you catch at $4.50 a lb.

At first, I was not catching anything, so the man came over to help. He gave us a few tips, adjusted my line and BOOM we were in business. We actually caught fish so quickly we only stayed an hour or else we would have ended up with way too much to take home! The trout have a lot of fight, so landing one is pretty exciting.

Between the two of us, we caught 7 nicely sized rainbow trout. It ended up being about 9.5 lbs. After $1 per fish to clean, we got out of there with good fish and had an awesome time for about $50. I felt like we learned some good fishing tips despite the experience being pretty easy. I can't wait to go trout fishing again!

2  Thank JRRTraveler
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We took our 4 year old granddaughter and she had so much fun. She caught 3 large trout and my daughter caught 5. The staff was very friendly and they furnish everything that you need, poles, nets, even coolers for your cleaned fish. You do have to pay for the ones that you catch but it's reasonable.

1  Thank Shirley S
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Wonderful place to take your young children fishing. Price per pound is somewhat high though, but the joy of seeing your 4 year old catch a fish is priceless.