“GREAT TIME”

Pincu Pottery
Ranked #16 of 34 things to do in Bryson City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Browse the gallery and watch the potter at work. Handcrafted pottery available for sale. My pots are made for use as well as display. Dishwasher and oven safe.
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This was a great few hours for my family and I. Elise was a great teacher!! None of us have ever touched a piece of clay and very skeptical about what we could actually do with our hands. In two hours Elise taught us how to make our own bowels, cups, ornaments, and a sunflower. This was one of the best things I have done in the area ever and thank you to Elise for the experience. Bypassing this fun, creative, and memorable place would be a huge loss. Even though we did not have children in our group of 4 there were assorted pieces of work that children had recently done and Elise seemed enthusiastic about children learning also. Stop by and try...I plan on making it a regular stop every time I am in the area!

1  Thank Ironmanusa
There are newer reviews for Pincu Pottery

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Pincu Pottery provided our family with the best vacation memories. Well worth every penny...a must do for your North Carolina vacation. My husband and I, along with our 2 daughters were able to create bowls, plates, mugs and a few hand made pieces by our girls. Every piece has given us wonderful memories. We definately will be back and we are now planning for Pincu Pottery to be an annual tradition. For those traveling from out of town, no worries she will ship everything to you. Elise carefully packed and shipped all of our pieces in a large box with foam wrappers, p-nuts and extra bubble wrap and everything arrived in perfect condition. Thanks for providing us wonderful vacation memories. See you next Christmas.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I pass by Pincu Pottery at least twice everyday and always wanted to stop but never took the time. So, in search of something unique for my daughter for Christmas, I decided to check out the "House Plaque" class that Elise was offering, just in time for the holidays. I talked a few people into going with me and we had a wonderful experience. The cost was VERY reasonable, and atmosphere was perfect to tap into our creativity. Looking forward to doing it again....and again. I even bought my granddaughter a gift certificate for Christmas.
If you are interested in pottery or looking for a unique gift, I highly recommend stopping by. If you wern't excited when you walked in, after chatting with Elise a few minutes, you will be!!!

1  Thank KBSVISIONS
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I (feels great saying that) had a great time throwing clay and making memories, here. We learned so much and had some great fun. It was a welcome reprieve from an adrenalin packed honeymoon. The best part: we made some cool stuff to have for the rest of our lives to remember it.

Thanks!

Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Truly no experience necessary. Took a 6 person class, we each made 2 wheel items (cups and bowls). Our clay projects varied from a gnome to a large leaf tray. Hubby made a beer stein.... And he was not excited to go but had a great time. The pottery wheel was amazing and both harder and easier than I anticipated. Great time, great value, great family fun.