“Great place to eat and stay for locals and visitors”

Fryemont Inn Dining Room
Ranked #8 of 58 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fryemont Inn Dining Room serves a full country breakfast and dinner and has a full service bar. Your choice of 18 different dinner entrees are served with homemade soup, salad with homemade dressing, three special side dishes of the day--served family style--and your choice of homemade dessert. Entrees include local mountain trout, two chicken entrees, a vegetarian entree, country ham, prime rib, steaks, and lamb shanks. Open Mid-April through Thanksgiving.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food and service is fabulous. You should make reservations in order to get into the resteraunt because it is a very popular place for this area. You can also eat in the Fireside bar without reservations, or just get there early and have a cocktail before you seat for dinner. There is a doublesided fireplace which creates the atmosphere for the bar and the resteraunt, The bartenders are rather friendly and eager to tell you about the area. The Waitresses are very friendly and seem to have the timing of your food perfected. They start you out with some homemade soup which for this night was cheese soup. It was very rich, creamy and I just savored the flavor of it. You get warm rolls and salad .The pecan crusted trout was my Entree and was very tasty . The family style portions of a garlic cheese mashed potatoes, cranberry glazed carrots and tomatoe casserole were enough to be able to take a doggy bag home. Then on top of that a choice of cheesecake, tollhouse pie, blueberry cream cake,blackberry cobbler and some more. I had blackberry cobbler with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of coffee served in a Frymont Inn specialty cup which they sell in their gift shop so of course I had to have one of them. Anyway Me and my husband who said the Prime rib was outstanding and was nice enough to share a bite of with me thought this place was very unique especially since the Inn has been here since 1923, highly recommend this place.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Make sure you find this restaurant - cozy, comfy atmosphere and fabulous food and service!! The trout is fresh and prepared 5 different ways and with that you get: soup, salad, entree and dessert - all homemade and wonderful!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by our Innkeeper at a nearby B & B as "their favorite place to eat in Bryson City" and we could see why! There is a warm, cozy atmosphere to this restaurant (connected to an Inn), with an 8 foot fireplace and "comfort" food. We went back the next night to dine again! The fresh trout was incredible (two nights in a row - yes, it's true), but 5 choices of the preparation of the trout! The waitresses were pleasant and happy to tell you all the great qualities of the homemade food (and desserts!) and the whole experience was just a great ending to a fabulous day in the mountains! You will not be disappointed - casual and cozy!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Although it was a little pricey for me ($18.95+) we decided to splurge and I'm glad we did. Dinner includes rolls, soup, salad, entree, three sides, and dessert. I had the trout with almonds and it was excellent, the best I've ever had. My friend had the roast beef and it was thinly sliced prime rib with au jus. The soup was vegetable, the sides were mac & cheese, lima beans, and apples. The dining room is very large with a beautiful, large fireplace in the center. I would definately go back again.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I wouldn't say Fryemont served the best food I've ever eaten, but I liked the classic feel of this old-school dining room. We enjoyed playing pool in the bar and gabbing with the colorful bartender while we waited for our table.