“Excellent Food”

Fryemont Inn Dining Room
Ranked #13 of 56 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fryemont Inn Dining Room serves a full country breakfast and dinner and has a full service bar. Your choice of 18 different dinner entrees are served with homemade soup, salad with homemade dressing, three special side dishes of the day--served family style--and your choice of homemade dessert. Entrees include local mountain trout, two chicken entrees, a vegetarian entree, country ham, prime rib, steaks, and lamb shanks. Open Mid-April through Thanksgiving.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Although it was a little pricey for me ($18.95+) we decided to splurge and I'm glad we did. Dinner includes rolls, soup, salad, entree, three sides, and dessert. I had the trout with almonds and it was excellent, the best I've ever had. My friend had the roast beef and it was thinly sliced prime rib with au jus. The soup was vegetable, the sides were mac & cheese, lima beans, and apples. The dining room is very large with a beautiful, large fireplace in the center. I would definately go back again.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I wouldn't say Fryemont served the best food I've ever eaten, but I liked the classic feel of this old-school dining room. We enjoyed playing pool in the bar and gabbing with the colorful bartender while we waited for our table.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Fryemont is open for breakfast and dinner, and the food is great. Our service was excellent as well. I have a review of Fryemont Inn itself that goes into detail on the food in the restaurant.

1  Thank stressandstars
Reviewed September 18, 2012

In reading the rest of these reviews, which for the most part are very favorable, I have to wonder at the other patrons expectations. We have a second home in Bryson City and my husband and myself are spending the month of September here. Three of my "Golden Girl" friends came up for the past weekend. No one wanted to cook in, so we went out for dinner both Friday and Saturday nights. The pizza at Rivers End is wonderful so that's where we went Friday night. I wanted something special for Saturday night and while (over the years) we've eaten at the Fryemont Inn several times, it has never been a memorable experience. But, the ambiance is good, and a tour of the Inn is always fun with the musty smells and uneven floor. Plus there are candles on the table and tablecloths.... so I thought maybe it has improved since our last visit. Well it hasn't! For the price you pay, the food should be MUCH better! The soup tasted like it was out of a can, the greens of the salad were wilted and it was very uninspired. Two of my friends had trout and another of my friends and myself had the chicken fried pork cutlet. The trout was well received but the pork cutlet was very lukewarm and tasteless. Nothing has changed at the Fryemont Inn. Everyone of us agreed the desserts were mediocre. The service, however, was wonderful. Our server was charming and very friendly. But that's not enough. My husband and myself will not be back!

1  Thank sannel841
Reviewed September 14, 2012

trout very good. Did not care for the lamb. Waitresses wonderful! Squash casserole excellent. Great bar and bartenders!