“Outstanding Pizza, Cheerful Accommodating Service”

Anthony's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 60 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 25, 2018

We came up to Bryson City on a Tuesday night before our trip on the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad. By the time we got checked into our motel, it was close to 8:00 p.m. The first restaurant we had selected was closed (uncertain whether it was for the season, the time of night, or out of biz), when we went to our second choice, same thing. Then we spotted the lights on and the "OPEN" sign lit over at Anthony's by the Depot. We were warmly greeted and seated immediately. We had a very cheerful, efficient, and accommodating waitress named "Kimberley." After answering our drink related questions, she brought our drinks of choice while we studied the menu. The menu was pretty comprehensive with the usual Italian items--lasagne, spaghetti, calzone, etc., but we took the easy way out and ordered the Pizza De Luxe. Kimberley was very attentive, while we waited for our pizza to bake, making sure we were OK with drinks, etc. When the pizza came we were not disappointed. In fact, to be honest, we were SHOCKED at how GOOD it was. We are seasoned travelers, and critical judges of pizza quality. We have eaten pizza in NYC, Chicago, Rome, Bergamo, and Milano, over the past 5 decades. I'm not gonna say this was the best, but I can honestly say it is in the top 10% of all the pizza I have ever eaten. And Kimberley is a good ambassador for your business. Please keep up the good work.

3  Thank Thomas B

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

My mushroom and Swiss burger was dry and over cooked. My husbands pizza was ok according to him. What was surprising was the bill. It cost the same as our lunch in Waynesville yesterday at a fantastic place with great ambiance and locally sourced products. Would not recommend! Plus the tables are sticky - I checked a few because I thought ours was just dirty.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

We had 45 people in our group, and the staff at Anthony's were great. The food was wonderful, not one complaint from our entire group. I would certainly visit again.

2  Thank Steven S
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

You can dine in or on the patio and watch the steam train come in right across the street. We borh decided on baked lasangia and it was perfect. We were seated promptly and our drink orders were placed. I had to go track down the waiter to get our order taken and to get the bill when we were ready to leave. The order came with a salad which was crisp and fresh. It also came with three very small garlic knots. The lasangia was very good and of decent serving size. The garlic knots were great but so small we asked for a side order. Had the service been more attenitive to our needs I would have given 5 stars. I would like to returb before we leave to try more dishes. The folks next to us got burgers and said they were delicuous!

1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

My party had porch seating with a great close-up view of the train Depot. Free off street parking. Great draft selections. I had Italian hoagie. No veggies & heated up. Sweet potato fries were excellent. Folks in my party had stromboli & calzone. Very cheesy-be careful swallowing! Service was prompt, friendly and patient with our larger party. Very clean single stall restrooms.

1  Thank loisp297