“Clod Beer and a good Burger”

Jimmy Mac's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We are a family owned and operated all American steak and seafood restaurant that specializes in hand pattied beef, buffalo, and elk burgers, hand cut steaks, and fresh seafood. Since we opened in 1978 in Tampa Florida by my father, we have been believers in keeping things fresh, fairly priced, and family friendly.
Florida
“Clod Beer and a good Burger”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've had several meals at Jimmy Mac's. The beer is cold and the burgers are great. Friendly staff, fair prices.

Visited December 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Enjoyed It”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We ordered a steak and burger and enjoyed it. There are not a lot of good restaurant choices in Bryson City but this one had good food and a nice atmosphere. I also recommend the "Cork and Bean" for excellent breakfast, lunch and early evening dinner cuisines.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank travelingshoesbecky
Salt Lake
“Seafood is Excellent”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My mother took me to this place because she feels it has some of the best catfish she has ever eaten. Well she wasn't wrong. I got the Captain's plate because it had the catfish as well as shrimp and fresh Florida grouper. All of it was excellent. The catfish and shrimp appeared to be deep fried but they were not oily and the taste of the seafood was fresh and vibrant. The grouper appeared to be pan fried and was even better. I had no trouble believing that it was fresh form the Atlantic.
The service was excellent. When my brother wanted to make a special order a man, apparently Jimmy himself, came out and told the waitress that he would sell his customers anything he had, in any combination they wanted.
The wine list was short but good and we had an organic white to go with our fish.
We had a great time and will definitely go back.

• Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Horrible service, the owner's son/ owner does not know how to treat guests, and should be checked for health violations.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tomgator87
athens, ga
“Great little restaurant!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My family enjoyed Jimmy Mac's thoroughly! We went after riding The Polar Express. We had no wait to be seated at 6:30 on Saturday night. Of course we went immediately after getting off the train. The atmosphere and decor were so fun!
My surf and turf was outstanding! The filet could have been cut up with a spoon it was so tender! The fried shrimp were delicious! Really one of the better meals I have had!
My daughter had the pasta and loved it. The potato skins and sweet potato fries were REALLY good! Did I mention that the surf and turf had several options and many were under $20.00?!?!

The portions were good and the service was good. I would definitely return and highly recommends this place to anyone visiting Bryson City!

• Visited December 2013