“Great View, Great Food, Great Place to relax after a Great Hike”

Rivers End Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located at the intersection of the Appalachian Trail and the Nantahala River, River's End Restaurant has been serving hikers, paddlers and everyone in between since 1972. From delicious trout cakes and New York style pizza to hand-pattied veggie burgers and the infamous sherpas, River's End Restaurant has a dish for everyone. The Nantahala River provides beautiful views and plenty of entertainment while dining from riverside seats at River's End Restaurant.Serving breakfast (March-October), lunch, and dinner. Open year round.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We came off the Appalachian Trail from Rocky Bald and the last eight miles were grueling, but as we exited the forest the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) stood before us and we decided to spend the evening in the Base Camp Hostel. I had read about the Rivers End Restaurant and decided to treat the the scouts to a congratulatory diner for a great hike. We ordered five different types of Pizza and they were all good. Great crust and toppings! The scouts consumed several pitchers of soda but the staff was great and enjoyed waiting on the guys. On the way back to home we passed by and decided to try the burgers. Well worth the money. Any comments about the setting and view of the restaurant would seem inadequate once you have seen the place. Overall it was one of the greatest ways to stop on a arduous hike and journey.

2  Thank Rico R
There are newer reviews for Rivers End Restaurant

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Having spent a great deal of time during my youthful years in this area I returned to visit after 10 years abroad and found this nice little restaurant. It sits right on the edge of the Nantahala River and offers great views of the river and the river activities.

The menu offers a variety of hamburgers, pizza and pasta dishes at reasonable prices. My first meal was the Tail of the Dragon burger which is smothered on pepper jack cheese, diced, fresh jalapenos and ranch dressing. It was the best burger I had had since leaving the states 10 years before. I ordered mine with the freshly made potato chips which were excellent.

Since then I have had one other burger and some pizza which were very good.

The staff is friendly and willing to please. The portions are large and the service is fast.

The restaurant is part of the Nantahala Outdoor Center enterprise which offers zip lining and white water rafting trips so it a professionally run business. It attracts customers from all over the USA during the summer months and can get quite busy but the wait is never too long.

1  Thank Ron P
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have eaten here many times and have always found the service to be very good, this time Coaley served us twice and was fantastic. Black Bean Chili is very good as are the burgers and the trout sandwich. Trout sandwich does have filler but is still very good. Also a surprise was the pizza is very good.

1  Thank Warren75
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stopped there for breakfast on Memorial Day 2014. It wasn't that crowded but it did take a little while to get our server to wait on us. We had to ask someone to get them. Normally this would knock my review down several notches but the food was so good and the view and atmosphere was so nice I just couldn't do it. Once the server came over he was very attentive. I think it was just poor communication between the manager or hostess and the servers as to where their sections were.

I had the sweet potato pancakes, sausage and eggs. The pancakes were out of this world! My daughter and son had the regular griddle cakes (buttermilk pancakes) and they were big and fluffy and delicious too! The prices although not bargain prices were much more reasonable than your average tourist on-the-water type restaurant that serves garbage food at $20/plate. You'll be happy you stopped! And if you're an outdoors person check out the NOC next door for great outdoor gadgetry!

2  Thank BluesmanDave67
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We have eaten here several times over the past few years. The setting is great, right on the Nantahala River. While eating you can watch rafters and kayakers on the river. We both had hamburgers this time, good, but nothing exceptional. I had a side salad which was fresh and good. We love stopping here when in the area because of the location, but we would not go just for the food. If you are in the area don't hesitate to stop, but don't expect a gourmet meal.