“Nice view, decent food.”

Rivers End Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located at the intersection of the Appalachian Trail and the Nantahala River, River's End Restaurant has been serving hikers, paddlers and everyone in between since 1972. From delicious trout cakes and New York style pizza to hand-pattied veggie burgers and the infamous sherpas, River's End Restaurant has a dish for everyone. The Nantahala River provides beautiful views and plenty of entertainment while dining from riverside seats at River's End Restaurant.Serving breakfast (March-October), lunch, and dinner. Open year round.
Trion, Georgia
“Nice view, decent food.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

In the winter they close this pace at the drop of a hat. So, if there's any chance of a snowflake then you may have to drive much further to find a meal.
I have been here several times. One time the service will be great and other times it can be non-existent. This is probably due to the probablility that they hire lots of tempoarary help for the summer then lay them off for the winter.
On my first visit, they offer sherpa on their menu so I decided to try it. It sounded great in the description. I ordered chicken, but there was only a little chicken in the dish, not much. The ingredients were interesting, but there was no seasoning. I'm not familiar with sherpa, so I'm not sure if this is common.
On the next visit I tried their pizza. It was OK, nothing great.
On my third visit I gave the burger a try because that always looked the best on the tables around me. Again it was just average. Thde menu stated that the patty was suppose to be 1/2 lb, but I don't think so. Maybe it was just some 80/20 beef and it cooked way down, but the double burger would have been a better choice. The burger was pretty tasteless as far as the meat goes. The fries were good.The fixings with the burger were fine. There just wasn't any seasoning or flavor to the meat.
I will probably keep comning her simply because I like the view of the rive and it's in a beautiful spot to take a break on my regular trips through the area. If you're looking for something memorable then you will need to go elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Great Place!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We love coming here for breakfast and lunch! The food is good, burgers are yummy, wings are excellent and the local brew is cold! Service can be slow at times, but it's understandable...this place can get crowded quickly! The location of this restaurant is what makes it worth a visit. It's down in the gorge and right on the river. Grab a window seat and watch the rafters come in, whitewater kaykers do their thing & even fly fishermen practicing their casts. The combination of good food, good service & great location makes it a worth while stop.

• Visited July 2012
St. Augustine, Florida
“High prices for level of the diner”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I felt that we have to go to the downtown Bryson City, but this restaurant was closer to our cabin. I ordered "Trout filet with grit cakes and vegetables". The fish was OK, grit cake was oversalted, veggies were not good. My boyfriend had "Rivers and sirloin", he said medium cooked steak should be little pinkie inside, but it was not. The portions were too small and too average for the price of the $15.99 a plate.

• Visited December 2012
Andrews, North Carolina
“River's End Is a Great Place to Stop!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I have been going to River's End since they first opened in the seventies. Everything on the menu is surprisingly good. We especially like the home-made pizza and cool jewel desserts. From the simple and highly popular Weserburger to the ever-changing daily specials, you can't go wrong here. The view is excellent, the staff is friendly, the food is good; and the price is right. In short, there's nothing not to like about River's End Restaurant. You owe it to yourself to stop on your next trip through Nantahala Gorge...

• Visited December 2012
Bradenton, Florida
“Ok, for the area”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Average food. We stopped in here after we got out of the water. People were OK friendly. The best part was sitting next to the window as the view was awesome!

Visited August 2012