“Sister-in-law's Birthday Present!!!”

Wildwater Nantahala Falling Waters Resort & Canopy Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nantahala Gorge Canopy Tours offers a 3 hour experience with 13 different zip lines and 8 bridges with challenges. Our Rangers are trained to interpret the natural environment and offer a personal guided experience pointing out natural features along the way. Two new bridges and two new ziplines added in 2012 give spectacular views of the Smoky Mountains and Fontana Lake. Added in 2015 the KidZip offers a separate self guided tour on multiple ziplines for kids ages 4 to 12. A soaring zip experience through the trees, NGCT is More than a zip line ride.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Family loved it! From 10 to 64, we all went! What a blast! Tracy and Miranda were the best of instructors, we "flew through the air with the greatest of ease"! It was a fabulous ride through the trees. We perched on a platform in the tall trees and had an Eagles view of the Smokeys! Great fun for all of us!

There are newer reviews for Wildwater Nantahala Falling Waters Resort & Canopy Tours

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband, our four children ages 11-18 and I zipped down the lines today. We had an amazing time! Our guides Sarah and Trevor were fantastic! They shared lots of facts about the trees and survival skills, we all felt completely safe the entire time! Another family was also in our group and their were smiles and laughs all around, it was really like a zip line and comedy show! This course has more zip lines and is less expensive than others in the area, we has a combo with Wildwater white water rafting and the price and experience was awesome!! We will be back that is for sure!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

You are NEVER too old to ZIP thru the trees! The staff is wonderful! Safe First! You will love this and great for the whole family.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was so much fun! We got there at 9:15 a.m. for our reservation at 9:30...they got us started right away. Nate and Miranda were our guides...took Miranda a minute to warm up to us...but she was extremely helpful (she had to buckle me probably 10 of the 13 zips bless her) and Nate was great and quite humorous ... I am scare of heights, so this was a challenge. I hated the bridges...but the sipping wasn't bad..I didn't look down :) requires a little physical stamina to hike the hills, but not too bad...give it a try! And the boys (12 yeaars old) loved it...they said it was better than rafting :)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently planned to zipline with my sister. On the way up a steep climb to get to the area where we were to attach to the line, I got overheated & could not go any further. The manager was kind enough to return my money without my even asking. My sister went ahead & was able to zipline. She had a great time. Be aware that you should be in fairly good shape to do this.