“Good and long hike”

More attraction details
Owner description: A bike trail with great facilities traversing challenging terrain.
Birmingham, Alabama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good and long hike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I hiked the left loop, 13 miles, on a hot July day. First 6 miles where great with a lot of pictures. Next 7 miles where in the woods on a 100 deg day. Trail was easy to follow and a mild challenge if you are in decent shape. We enjoyed it and would recommend it if you like the woods.

West Lafayette, Indiana
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Memorable Trail Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

First, let me say, I am NOT a biker (hadn't been on a bike for 20 years) but my son (13yo) has recently become a huge fan of mountain biking so I decided to take him to Tsali while vacationing in Bryson City. We rented bikes from NOC and got great advice from them about which trails to take at Tsali. We took the Right Loop - the trail was marked (I do wish that the mile markers were painted a different color as they blend into nature and are hard to see when speeding past downhill or while enjoying the scenery along the route, The trail was well maintained found a couple of trees down, but there had been a storm 2 days prior and you could hear chainsaws working in a different area so I'm confident that this was a temporary situation. The views of Fontana Lake were beautiful. We rode during the week so we met few other bikiers, but the ones we met were super friendly. Personally, I had to walk my bike up several of the steeper climbs, but, like I said, I wasn't exactly in shape for this. and the downhills were challenging at times. We had a great time and I think my son has a new appreciation for his mother! :)

4 Thank Bev G