“Okay stay...”
Review of Nantahala Village

Nantahala Village
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I found this lodge through an Amazon Local deal. The certificate was for a 2-night stay in one of the cabins. The front desk messed up my reservation dates so we had to be downgraded to a lodge room with no compensation. When we arrived, we were not informed that the pool was closed due to inspection; we stayed here in mid-June with 80-degree temps. The front-desk employee did not tell us where anything was on the property so we had to find everything on our own. The check-in process went very smooth, though, and we were allowed to check-in 2 hours prior to check-in time. The room itself was just okay; the bedding needs to be updated (brown satin just looks dirty) and all of our towels had holes in them. On a positive note, I can not say enough about the Village Bistro and staff. We had dinner there both nights we stayed. The bartender(male) was super helpful and very nice. On Sunday evening, I really wanted some fresh fruit with dinner and the blonde waitress went above and beyond to help me find some. I would highly recommend the Village Bistro while staying at Nantahala Village. Overall, I was not impressed with our room or the property itself but the Bistro helped to make our stay here more memorable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kate P, General Manager at Nantahala Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for coming to Nanatahala Village and I'm sorry the pool opening was delayed. We are still in the process of "rebuilding" the property from previous ownership. Please come again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had stayed at the Nantahala Village many times over the last decade or so, but seemed to have skipped the last several owners/years. From what we heard from our stay this last weekend it was a good thing! Now, our memories of the Nantahala Village can continue to be awesome without having to remember the "bad times". The location in the Nantahala river valley to various activities was always the strong point along with the quiet and comfortable accommodations at the main lodge. I am so happy that the lodge is "back" and that things are as I remember.

3  Thank Lauren C
Kate P, General Manager at Nantahala Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you. It is our intention to bring the Village back to the "good ole days" and then some.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

After some less than stellar owners, Nantahala Village is back. The renovations are looking good, and I am expecting great things. It is obvious that this owner has a plan, and has a good idea for staffing an exceptional resort. We have been going here for years, and are thrilled to see this gem start to sparkle again. The restaurant is exceptional. The roasted eggplant and garlic with nan was great, and the portions of all the food were generous. Happy to report this progress, and hope that others will visit to enjoy. I can't wait to see how it grows, and we may not wait a year to return.

Room Tip: We love staying in the lodge when it is just the 2 of us, but the cabins are nice for longer stays o...
1  Thank Bill S
Kate P, General Manager at Nantahala Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for your review! We are as excited as you about the rebirth of this amazing property. We'd like to invite you back to enjoy the amenities, the food and the absolutely awesome thing to do in Bryson City.

Looking forward to serving you again soon!

Kate

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We want to compliment everyone at Nantahala Village on excellent customer service and a warm environment overall. My husband, Tim, my friend, Melissa, and I had an absolutely charming time staying in the lodge and dining there overnight this past Saturday. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and accommodating, giving us local travel suggestions (the one with the long brunette hair & I feel awful that I don't remember her name at the moment). From the time I called and made reservations she made us feel good about the place. We were so road weary and Nantahala Village was a welcoming refuge from the road. Also, the restaurant waiter, seating hostess and bartender were all personable and helpful. The gardener spoke to us about our motorcycles and made us feel very welcomed. Oh, and I can't forget the sweet maintenance gal who brought us a light bulb. Just superb service, really. In addition, the gal at the coffee shop made excellent breakfast sandwiches for us on Sunday morning and was so very nice. That was the healthy and happy end of our stay there and the beginning of a great day of motorcycle riding. . Thank you all for making it a great destination with all of the details, down to cleanliness and decor, a place to fondly remember. My husband and I have already agreed to stay there again on our next trip, hopefully in the fall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TrikerChick
Kate P, General Manager at Nantahala Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you so much. We appreciate your compliments and I will make sure that all of our staff see your review. Hope to see you here again.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family and I recently rented out almost the entire Nantahala Village for my son's wedding, which was actually held at Mystic Lands, not at the Village. Seriously, I think only one other guest was in the Village!

We had been communicating with the Village for more than a year, and had gone through the ups and downs with the previous management. We had visited several times, and felt, like some of the other reviewers, it was run down. Yes, we had read all the bad reviews, but the new owners and managers seemed so intent on making a new name, a good name for the Village, that we decided to book it.

GREAT CHOICE on our part! Kate and her crew did EVERYTHING they could to make our experience the best! The cabins were clean, well maintained - even the older ones, and there is a lot of work in progress, like the landscaping for example. They even created a firepit for a huge bonfire for us to have a get together and do s'mores the night most people were coming in.

The Bridesmaid Brunch was hosted at the Village Restaurant (formerly Thirteen Moons) and the view from the porch was gorgeous, but it was the food that stole the show - one of the best brunches I've ever had.

The staff never said, "No," and graciously handed out welcome bags to each of our guests.

This new management, given time, will turn this resort into THE place to stay in the area. I would not hesitate to book there again, and if I had it to do over, I'd not change a thing.

Thank you Nantahala Village and Kate for making a special time even more special!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BROOKE N
Kate P, General Manager at Nantahala Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Brooke, thank you so much for the compliments. It was a pleasure having you all here and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My brother was married here on may 4,2013. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The food was fabulous, bar tender and wait staff were superb. Kate Parkerson facilitated all the planning and made sure everything went smoothly and was exactly what the bride and groom wanted. It unfortunately rained on the wedding date, but Kate and her wonderful staff changed the venue for the ceremony and reception seamlessly. It was beautiful, and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kate P, General Manager at Nantahala Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

It was an honor for us to be part of the wedding celebration. We look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My family and I recently took a trip up to the Bryson City area and we stayed at the Nantahala Resort, in a Treehouse Cabin, I think it was called. We really enjoyed ourselves! The cabin was very cozy and comfortable, and we had foozball to entertain our kids in the evening. The rec hall was great and had ping pong, which our family really enjoyed playing together. The kids loved the pool, and we had a great time rafting and horseback riding during our stay.
We ate one night at 13 Moons, our server was really quick, and very knowledgeable about the menu. I had the crab-crusted filet, and it was delicious! Cooked perfectly!

Overall, we had a really great experience, from reservation, through the stay, and even got advice about places to stop and see on the way home when we were checking out! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Treehouse, but the Front Desk Clerk told us they have a few places with hot tubs! That...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for your review! We are as excited as you are about what we have to offer for family gatherings at this amazing property. We'd like to invite you back to enjoy the amenities, the food and the absolutely awesome thing to do in Bryson City.

Looking forward to serving you again soon!

Kate

#4 of 10 in Bryson City
Lakeview at Fontana
Lakeview at Fontana
#2 of 10 in Bryson City

Been to Nantahala Village? Share your experiences!