“Fantastic sandwiches at reasonable...”

The Filling Station Deli Sub Shop
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining
Description: We want your dining experience to be as fun as what our amazing mountain town has to offer, with fresh made to order sandwiches, salads, soups and desserts, and we stand by our saying of let r deli fill yer belly, we can satisfy any appetite and we promise to only deliver the best customer service, cause you deserve it! We feel that life should be filled with some sweet surprises, so we kicked our deli up a notch by offering one of a kind amazing 4x4 Frozen Ice Cream Sandwiches, customized just for you. Add one of these amazing creations to one of our daily lunch specials and you will leave totally satisfied, oh yes!
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Fantastic sandwiches at reasonable prices! Friendly & accomodating staff who can also offer local knowledge about things to do. Great vintage service station stuff to look at while you wait.

Reviewed January 15, 2010

Fresh made bread, fresh ingredients, big portions, and service with a quirky sense of humor. Their cuban sandwich is fabulous as is their macaroni salad! They offer daily specials that include a side and a drink. You get better food,and more of it, at the Filling Station Deli for the same price you will pay at a fast food joint or Subway. I really like this place. The only drawback is it is to-go -- no seating area. Recommended with all enthusiasm! Most of the time you just walk right in and order, though on busy Saturdays in the summer, you might have to stand in line a bit -- but it is SO worth it!

Reviewed December 30, 2009

The Cuban is the best sandwich I have ever tasted,especially made from this place. The workers and owners are very caring and nice people. I will definitely be back to this great little sub shop.

Reviewed May 29, 2009

The Filling Station is a great little deli for lunch in Bryson City. They have lots of great sandwiches to choose from as well as soups and salads. Their chili won the Bryson City Chili Cook-off two years in a row. The baked potato salad is really good, too. They don't have seating inside so grab a rocking chair or bench outside the restaurant, or pack it up and take it to Deep Creek for a picnic.

1  Thank TennesseeGirl77
Reviewed September 29, 2008

My wife and I stayed in Bryson City for 3 nights while hiking and exploring the southern portion of the Smokies. Upon looking for food choices online prior to the trip, I knew we were going to be struggling to find a good option for even one meal, let alone 3 days worth. Just based upon dumb luck we stopped into The Filling Station on the first day after a long hike. It was 2:00pm and the place was busy with people ordering food and calling in their orders. We took this as a great sign and were not top be disappointed. The owner works the cash register and makes some of the sanwiches. He is extremely personable and truly loves what he does, that is obvious. I ordered a veggie sandwich and he took the time to recommend using a wrap instead so that more vegetables could fit inside. This was a great recommendation. He packed so much food into the wrap that it kept me full for hours. Plus, the vegetables were cut while preparing the sandwich, so I knew they were fresh. My wife had a roast beef au jus sandwich on sourdough bread (baked that morning) and loved it as well. We both said we had to go back the next day for lunch (which we did). When we went back, the owner remembered my name and took the time to chat with us again about dinner options for the night, even though the place was very busy. The restaurant is only open from 11-4 Monday through Saturday and there is no seating. However, outside the restaurant there are benches and the National Park is only a couple miles down the road. We took our sandwiches there to eat by the river. I would highly recommend this restaurant for lunch as Bryson CIty has no real other eating options that stand out and this place desrves to be high up on anyone's list of places to try. You won't be disappointed.

3  Thank colinda2004