“A beautiful Gem hidden away in the Great Smokey Mountians”
Review of Hemlock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Hemlock Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Bryson City B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We went with our church group. The owner was so very nice, he went out of his way to make us all fill at home. The Food was EXCELLENT!!! really without words. We recommend this B&B to anyone for any reason. My husband and I do plan to come and stay personally anytime we are in the area. Was very easy to find with easy access to anywhere Cherokee, Bryson City all HWY's.
We will be staying again :)

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank banagayle

Reviewed April 18, 2010

This was my third trip to Hemlock Inn. My sunday school class generally goes every year. The rooms are very clean and cozy The staff is genuinely nice and the place has amazing views. Not to far away from Bryson city for local shops and restaurants . The meals were incredibly delicious. Definitely reccommend staying here. Will come back yearly for sure!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank harleybabe18
Reviewed December 17, 2009

My husband, two kids and I just returned from a stay at the Hemlock Inn. We were in town to do the Polar Express train ride. As we were driving to the Inn, I was getting a little nervous about what we would find (lots of rundown motels along the way). I was pleasantly surprised when we got there. The Inn is motel style with a rustic feel. We had a downstairs room with two double beds (wish it had been a King, so my husband and I could have slept together) and a pull out sofa for the kids. The beds were on the firm side, but acceptable. There was wood paneling on the walls, old fashioned quilts on the bed. The bathroom was ok (the shower kept dripping) and it took a bit to get the temp right. There was a nice roomy dressing area though with extra sink. If you book the downstairs room, be prepared to hear the people above you. The breakfast in the morning was a nice touch. I did not mind saying a brief standing grace, like others have complained about. I would return if we go to the Smoky Mts again. Oh, and whatever you do, if you go to the railroad and want a bite to eat, DO NOT GO TO ANTHONY'S! They had the most horrible Italian food (if you could even call it that) ever!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2009

After a relaxing train ride on the Smokey Mtn Railroad, we got a little lost looking for a place to stay for the night and found a real treasure. The Hemlock Inn is an older, but refreshingly charming place with motel type rooms with knotty pine paneling and homemade quilts.It has the ambience of a B&B with family style dining in a warm and cozy greatroom with woodfire. Great views, food and and rocking chair comfort. Rooms are older and walls are thin, no tv,but the overall experience was one that I would gladly do again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sidek1277
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I can blame myself for not reading more carefully. As one reviewer stated, this should be advertised as a Christian based inn. The rule book included in the hotel information booklet states that you cannot have alcohol in any public areas, along with a long list of do's and dont's. I find that interesting as the chairs in the rooms were so uncomfortable you couldn't sit in them for more than 10 minutes and there wasn't even a head board on the bed, so sitting on the bed was an uncomfortable chore. There was no table between the two chairs to even leave your reading material, or a footstool to make sitting more comfortable. That leaves the "common" areas to sit, but you can't have a drink in any common area, so there you go. There is no coffee maker, no hair dryer (which I really didn't expect) and 2 thin towels. (you can request more if you want to be demanding). When I go on vacation, I like to have the time to myself. Although the food was good, sitting at an assigned table with 8 people I didn't know was more than I anticipated. Standing up behind the dining room chair waiting for grace was like being at a formal Thanksgiving dinner with unknown relatives. I can't say the service was more than mediocre in the dining room. i was never asked if I needed refills of water, tea or coffee at breakfast.

I woke up in the night to burning, red eyes from the windows being open the whole time as there is no air conditioning. The room didn't get hot, but if you have allergies, be sure and take Benadryl. The location was much farther away from town than we had originally thought.

We did have breakfast and dinner included in our $190.00 bill. Even with the good food the room still had water stains on the ceiling, cracks in the old wall paper, old green fuzzy carpet that was lumpy and loose, and no normal room amenities. In comparison to other bed and breakfast experiences in this area, this rate seemed high.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank flory91
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway or a traditional family vacation this is a great spot. My boyfriend has been going since he was a teenager, and I can see why. The Hemlock Inn harkens to a simpler time when delicious food, great conversation and being with the ones you love were to be celebrated. It's close to lots of great hiking and other outdoor activities as well as other historical attractions. I highly recommend the Hemlock Inn - it's a treasure!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hollinsgal
Reviewed July 29, 2009

It was my Mom's birthday and I took her on vacation, from the Hemlocks web site they looked and sounded great. That is as far as it went, in reality it was very dissappointing. The room are out of date, the bathroom had low light, a mirror so high above the sink that I had to stand on my tip toe's to see in it, The food was not good. We had planned on staying 2 nights and cancelled the 2nd night after we got there. This place needs major updateing, a better Chef in the kitchen, and friendlier management. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009