“Top Quality”
Review of Hemlock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Hemlock Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Bryson City B&B and Inns
Mooresville, NC
“Top Quality”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Hemlock Inn is a perfect location for a gathering of family and friends. Wonderful, delicious meals and opportunities to visit - rocking chairs inside and out, comfortable lobby with many options for visiting and relaxing. Puzzles, games, books, cards, ping pong, etc. are available. The staff is so friendly and helpful, and very attentive to the details of your stay. The inn has a wonderfully comfortable "feel" to it, and it is very easy to feel relaxed and unhurried. The inn is in a great location for off-site recreational activities, and the staff is very helpful at providing ideas and tips for these activities. We continue to come to Hemlock Inn, as it fits our group so well and it is always a delight to be there! We look forward to coming every year!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Walland, Tennessee
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The Hemlock Inn is a great place to retreat! I came with a group of friends that Mort and Chad have (affectionately, we think) named "the Townsend five", and 2012 was our third year. We leave husbands and families at home, and come to the Hemlock Inn for hiking, shopping in Bryson City, and eating the wonderful meals at the Hemlock. Hiking trails of every length and level of difficulty surround, and we enjoy going during wildflower season, when Jim and Ellie Burbank are a great resource and give fun programs in the evening. Bryson City has a number of unique shops, and nearby Cherokee has both shopping and museums. The meals at the Hemlock (breakfast and dinner, family style, are included with your room) are outstanding. We are never late for a meal! Our group has also really enjoyed meeting the other guests, many of whom have been coming to the Inn for many years. Hopefully our little group will be coming for many years as well!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The Hemlock Inn is a new favorite vacation spot! I love how its different from the fast pace lifestyle of the beach, or any other city. It's tucked away in the middle of the gorgeous Smokey Mountains with breathtaking views in every direction! It is such a welcoming environment with a truly homey feel! The rooms are very cozy and comfortable with nice bathrooms as well! I went to the Filling Station for lunch two days in a row, and enjoyed great food and a great staff! Everyone in Bryson City was so nice and excited to see new faces! They remembered my name the next day I came back! The same at the Inn, Wonderful staff, who truly care about each and every one of their guest no matter how long or short their stay! I came up with some friends, and I cant wait to take my family sometime soon! Its definitely a place There are also countless trails and hikes to go on, as well as the famous "Road to Nowhere", which is a that ends right on the other side of the tunnel! So fun! We enjoyed the drive up there and had even more fun running around with friends in the tunnel! I will be returning to, and I highly recommend it to everyone and anyone who is looking for a new vacation spot! I cant wait to make another trip in the near future!

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is a great place to go to get away from the grind of life. It's quiet, the views are beautiful, and the food is incredible (especially the banana pudding). I also love how we prayed before meals. It's nice to know some businesses still stand behind what they believe in. The staff is friendly and will do whatever it takes to make sure you have a great experience. I highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The Hemlock Inn was a great place for our family to get away. The food is amazing and the staff is amazing and helpful. You won't regret your time in the beautiful North Carolina Mountains, I promise.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I came with some friends and absolutely loved it!! The Hemlock Inn is very cozy and the Gilberts are a lovely family. The atmosphere is great and they make you feel like family immediately! This retreat is the perfect place to just escape and enjoy the scenery, the view from the back deck is simply stunning. We loved the sort of "retro" vibe it has, there's little to no electronics for guests to use as far as television--ping pong, hiking, definitely the full mountain experience! My friends and I absolutely love it and plan to go back many times!

Kennesaw, GA
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The Hemlock Inn is one of my favorite places in the world! You immediately have a sense of warmth when you walk in the door! You get a southern style breakfast and dinner each day with your stay and the food is UNFORGETTABLE! I love sitting down for meals with the other guest and getting to hear their stories, I have made so many new friends at those lazy susan tables! Laney, Mort, and Chad are so inviting you'll feel like you've known them for years, I adore all of them! If all that wasn't enough, the view from their porch will keep you coming back year after year. There are few things more relaxing than drinking a cup of coffee and looking out over the Smoky Mountains. There are no tvs, phones, or internet access in the rooms, which is a very welcomed break for the stress of everyday life, but if you have to check email or Facebook, there is wifi in the main building. There are so many fun things to do near by you won't even have time to miss the electronics! If you have kids you MUST bring them to tube down Deep Creek or walk the trails in the summer. The giggles while going down the creek will always be a fond memory of mine! I am endlessly telling friends, family, and co-workers how wonderful it is! I love the Hemlock Inn, you will too!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryson City
Baymont Inn & Suites Cherokee Smoky Mountains
Calhoun House Inn & Suites
Calhoun House Inn & Suites
#4 of 10 in Bryson City

Been to Hemlock Inn? Share your experiences!