“Whitewater Rafting - Chatooga and Nolichucky”

Nantahala Outdoor Center
Ranked #4 of 15 Tours in Bryson City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nantahala Outdoor Center is one of the nation’s largest outdoor recreation companies. Over a million guests visit NOC annually to embark on a diverse collection of more than 120 different whitewater rafting and land-based itineraries. Learn to kayak at NOC’s world-renowned Paddling School, soar through the trees on NOC's multiple zip lines, travel to foreign countries with NOC’s Adventure Travel program, test the latest outdoor gear and shop at our three LEED-certified flagship retail stores or enjoy NOC’s resort amenities such as our three restaurants and multi-tiered lodging. Why do more people choose NOC than any other whitewater outfitter in the world? It's because of our experience, unparalleled in the industry. 22 Olympians, including two Gold Medalists, have called NOC home. NOC has been recognized by The New York Times as the “Nation's Premiere Paddling School,” “The Best Place to Learn” by Outside, and as “One of the Best Outfitters on Earth” by National Geographic ADVENTURE. Trust NOC to provide you with the outdoor experience of your lifetime.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

On Aug 16, 2013 a friend and I rafted the Chattooga Section IV with NOC. What a treat. Only 6 rafts and no other rafting companies in sight. The river is on protected land with not development and it beautiful. The rapids were fun and exciting.

Kudos to our trip leader Colin and to our raft guide Claire. Claire was a lot of fun and kept us out of trouble. Colin and the rest of the crew did a great job of making this a fun and sage trip. You can tell they work well together and train often.

All around great experience. Thanks NOC.com

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Today I did the guided ducky trip on the Nantahala River through NOC and I'm so very glad I did. Clayton was the guide and he made an already fun trip just fantastic! Having rafted the Nantahala before, I wanted to try the inflatable ducky trip for a bigger challenge. This is a great way to run the rapids on this river. I recommend this trip for anyone, you'll be glad you did it!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We traveled to the Great Smoky region to visit the national park and were quickly discouraged by the long, busy drive to hikes within the park. Our vacation took a decided turn for the better once we discovered the NOC just to the west of our cabin. We spent a couple of afternoons wading in the river, enjoying food from the two restaurants (great Sherpa at the grill and great pulled pork at the BBQ), and watching the rafts and kayaks navigate the water. Staff at the store helped us find hiking equipment and maps we had not been able to find at other businesses. On our last day in the region, we took a guided whitewater raft trip. Though the rapids were not as exciting as we had hoped, our guide (Tyler, I think) made our trip great by sharing his knowledge and great sense of humor. I would highly recommend the NOC for anyone who is visiting the area.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a girls' trip. And we rafted down the Pigeon River. What a blast! Class III and IV rapids kept it exhilerating! The guides were very knowledgeable and hilarious to boot. Thanks for a great time!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I enrolled my 10 and 12 year old in their Kayak Camp and my husband and myself in their five day clinic. Everyone had a fabulous time. We loved their local rivers. The instructors all knew their stuff and taught with levity, humor and skill. I would spend our vacation with them again in a heartbeat. The kids stayed in cabins with two or three room mates. My husband and I stayed at their inn a mile away. The only thing I would like is more variety in foods for vegetarians like us. But there was always hummus or peanut butter and jelly so no one went hungry.