“Exceptional Accomodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brevard
The Red House Inn Brevard
Ranked #1 of 5 Brevard B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We rented one of the private residences (Franklin Street Cottage) operated by the Red House Inn and would definitely stay there again. The house was recently renovated and is ideal for the setting in Brevard. A large and spacious cottage with original hardwood floors, new bathrooms with super sized shower. The cottage has clean lines throughout from the ceramic tile to the quality sleep number bedding, comfortable furniture and and accent pieces that provide a warm, inviting and uncluttered living experience. The cottage has 3 spacious bedrooms, two full baths, private sitting areas, a laundry room and a well appointed kitchen. The deck off the back of the house provides plenty of room to spread out in the sun, watch the white squirrels and relax. The proprietiers are bright, charming, attentive and provide a wonderful breakfast at the main house each morning. Breakfast offers something unique whether its the side dish of freshly roasted tomato or freshly baked bread, you leave the table feeling ready to embrace the day. Brevard is a wonderful town, friendly folk abound and natural beauty surrounds. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank grover1959

Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed for two nights in the cottage. We didn't hear a thing at night. The A/C worked very well. Flat screen/DirectTV. Free WiFi. Good towels. Fridge and coffee/tea maker. We found the bed too soft for us. The door to the bathroom was a bit off putting as it is not solid but slatted which was awkward for the person using the facilities.
Tracie is a really nice person (Daniel as well but we didn't speak with him as much as he was in the kitchen cooking breakfast). The main house is very nice and I loved all of the pottery. We had our breakfast inside although most people opted for outside. We had scrambled eggs (delivered fresh to the house), fresh fruit (the 1st morning) and either a biscuit or a really good English muffin, veggie sausage or regular bacon/sausage. It would have been nice to have a different breakfast the second morning.
I was quite surprised to drive up to the garage doors and find out the cottage is attached to the garage. Don't get me wrong the interior is fine. There is a small porch off of the cottage.
The inn's location is within a couple of blocks from the town where there are plenty of good restaurants and shops. The antique mall is a great find with lots of interesting pieces. Many at reasonable/fair prices.
We recommend the Red House Inn and would definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindyandted
Reviewed May 31, 2010

My wife and I stayed at RHI over Memorial Day weekend, 2010, when we were in Brevard for a wedding. My B&B experience is very limited, but I can't imagine anyone not enjoying everything about the RHI - it was so much more than I was expecting. First, the house is quite large and very comfortable. Our "room" was actually a section of the house with a sitting room, large closet, nice bedroom and private bath - all accessible (and lockable) from one doorway. The bed was very comfortable and the finishings very attractive and appropriate for the style of the RHI and Brevard itself. While very antique (perfect for the setting) the RHI does have wireless and DirecTV in the rooms.

The owners, Tracy and Daniel, are so nice, attentive and accommodating - but at the same time only seem to be around when you need them, rather than a constant presence (which is a good thing). And breakfast! The breakfast at RHI is fantastic, they even prepared breakfast for me to bring to my wife (still in bed with a bit of a hangover) on a tray, complete with juice and fruit - what a treat! Having such a delicious start to each day was fantastic.

The location is perfect, right downtown Brevard, about 1.5 blocks from the shops and restaurants of Main Street (it actually takes less time to walk to Main Street than it does to drive) and central to the activities of the greater region (we hiked at several different parks/forests and none was more than about 20 minutes from RHI).

We thoroughly enjoyed RHI and highly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Superchuck500
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I have stayed at The Red House Inn three times over the last few months, alone & with my spouse. I picked The Red House Inn based on TripAdvisor reviews, and once again, TripAdvisor did me right.

The house is lovely, I've stayed in the Leander, Braxton, & Cottage rooms. The Leander is on the smaller side, but perfect if you're traveling alone or don't mind a cozy room. The other rooms have plenty of space to stretch out. Tracie & Daniel have caught all the details just right - there's a set up to make fresh coffee & tea, & bottled water & a small fridge in the rooms. Breakfast is delicious - Daniel is a great cook!

Tracie & Daniel always have great recommendations for restaurants, which areas of nearby Dupont Forest are great to bike & hike, etc. They are always available for questions, & did everything to make our stay fabulous. We even had a chance to peek at the other two rooms, & they looked great (one even has its own full sized upstairs private porch). Great place - can't thank Tracie & Daniel enough!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I would recommend the Red House Inn for anyone staying in Brevard.

We paid $167 for one night in the Probart Room. The inn was clean and cozy and in a great location. The owners, Daniel and Tracy, treated us right. Our trip was to celebrate my wife's birthday, and they gave her a jar of local honey as a gift. Nice touch.

The Probart Room is on the ground floor right next to the front entrance. The bed and pillows were comfy. A flat-screen TV had basic satellite channels, such as CNN, but not HBO and other premium channels.The bathroom had a claw-foot tub and a separate shower with two shower heads and enough room for two people. Across the hall from the Probart Room is a communal living room area stocked with recent newspapers and brochures for local attractions.

I always worry about noise in old bed-and-breakfasts, especially ones with wood floors, like The Red House Inn. The floor above us was creaking in the afternoon, but it wasn't a problem. The creaking stopped by night time.

The Red House Inn is within a half hour of Pisgah National Forest, DuPont State Forest and Caesars Head State Park. That makes the inn an ideal place to stay for mountain bikers and hikers looking to explore the surrounding mountains.

The inn is also within walking distance of Brevard College and the upscale shops and restaurants of downtown Brevard. Less than three blocks away is the single-screen Co-Ed Theater, which plays current movies. The town itself is nice but small and can be seen in less than a day.

Would definitely return. Thanks for a great stay, Daniel and Tracy!

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

My wife and came down just for a night to do some day hiking in the Pisgahs. The Red House Inn was so nice we stayed an extra day and a half also visiting the waterfalls in DuPont State Forest. We stayed in the Taylor -Epworth Suite and were blown away with the space and private porch. We will be back without a doubt! If there is any "tip" - don't come looking for a wild nightlife even though there are a couple of very nice/quaint restaurants within walking. If you want to relax with wonderful folks - this is the place to come.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Red House Inn during Labor Day weekend. To quickly sum up our experience: we can not wait to get back! The Innkeepers (Daniel and Tracie) were extremely friendly and helpful; Daniel provided us with loads of information regarding restaurants in town as well as hikes and sights to see in the area.

When we arrived, we knew we were in for a nice evening. The house was decorated with a contemporary style which was simple, timeless and classy. Our room was neat and clean and included a small refrigerator stocked with water. Daniel welcomed us and gave us recommendations and directions to several local restaurants, all of which were within walking distance; he also provided us with a handful of coupons for the restaurants. Not having to drive to get to dinner was truly a treat; afterwards we took a walk around downtown and found ourselves back at the Inn to sit for a spell on the porch before bedtime.

My wife and I slept well, the bed was comfortable and the Inn was very quiet. The best part of our stay: breakfast, which was outstanding. We were able to dine out on the front porch and found it very peaceful and relaxing. The local food, local coffee and fresh juices were delicious and our dietary needs, which we had requested via the website when we made our reservations, were accomodated cheerfully. This was one of the best experiences my wife and I have had at a Bed & Breakfast, and, as I said earlier, we are looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
Etowah Valley Golf & Resort
1898 Waverly Inn
1898 Waverly Inn
#4 of 15 in Hendersonville

Been to The Red House Inn Brevard? Share your experiences!