“Yep, Just the Way I Remember It” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sunset Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brevard
GreenLeadersSilver level
north carolina
“Yep, Just the Way I Remember It”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Noise from cars, motorcycles, talking on the porch, rough room air-conditioner motor, thin walls, car headlight right at the picture window - yep, just the way I remember it when I was a kid. Friendly staff, fair rates for the area, convenient to little downtown area. Some family members would return...I wouldn't.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room - you might luck out.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank daffodilsunday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Young Harris, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice find! Clean thoughtful owner in great location you need to check it out. Walk to town, bring your dog. The hotel is dog friendly and the property is perfect for a quick walk with your pooch. The rooms are fine for a weekend stay with everything you need. Enjoy.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sonofdaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Nostalgic. I like the decor and the rooms are very well kept. Owner and staff are very friendly. I slept better than I usually do away from home. Our room had a fridge, micro, and coffee pot. We love the Brevard area and will stay at the Sunset again should we travel back this way.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dennis C
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in April for 2 nights while on a family vacation; I would come back and stay for a week! We rented the "cottage", it was perfect for us: a full kitchen so we didn't have to go out for every meal, washer and dryer, a great deck with a grill, it was like a little house, perfect for us and our 4 year old. Plus, it was centrally located and a short driving distance to both Pisgah and DuPont. The cottage was very clean, the decor slightly dated, but it is supposed to look retro. Overall, I loved staying here and thought it was an amazing deal.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Your review is much appreciated. We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and found our cottage to be "an amazing deal". As for the decor, the cottage is still a work in progress you might be happy to hear for your next visit. I spend a great deal of time shopping for vintage furniture and finally hired someone able to "retrovate" the pieces I've found without breaking the bank! All of our rooms/apartments are also constantly being updated and decor is a revolving door since each room is completely unique. We just added new carpet to all of our rooms this month. Thank you for using our big new grill! Not many people bother to even take the cover off and I was starting to wonder if I'd made the right decision by putting it out there. You have alleviated my "buyer's remorse" issue. :-)
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband, teenage son and I stayed at the Sunset for three nights in their cottage!
Great spot, lots of room, very clean and extremely quiet.
We had a lots of room to spread out, the kitchen was great to make dinner and breakfast. The boys had a great time fishing and I had tons of room to sew in. I had my very own quilting retreat while they were out. Will go there again in a heartbeat!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our cottage. Many people don't realize we have this gem on the back acre of the property. Like you, many enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and appreciate the pretty setting within walking distance to downtown. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Brevard! Lori
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

My hubs and I stayed there last night and loved it. Like the reviewer before me said, it was perfect for the price. Everything had a personal touch, and our room was super cute. The sheets and blankets were soft too, which is a nice change from regular hotels. We met Lori the owner yesterday and she was extremely accommodating and friendly. We also love that they attempt to be green in every way possible… Only complaint were the thin walls and noisy neighbors, but we just turned the fan in the AC unit on, and that pretty much drowned them out… plus, that's no different from every other hotel/motel. Overall, we will definitely be back and would recommend this to anyone who is willing to sacrifice some amenities for charm, character and a personal touch.

Green Features: Excellent! Happy to see that they recycle (not happy to see that they've obviously had some issues with guests not helping in these efforts) and the green certification in their lobby.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mtns2beach
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about The Sunset Motel. It is always a great pleasure to hear about new customers like yourself discovering us. We are committed to providing a unique experience that you will enjoy and hopefully keep you coming back. We look forward to serving you again. Gratefully, The Sunset Motel
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We just stayed here for two nights. My husband and I were in town to bike at pisgah. The 2nd day I mentioned that the wifi did not reach the room we were in and they quickly wanted to move us. The rooms were cute and very clean. The water pressure was awesome. So def fixed from earlier reviews. They are still doing some remodeling but did not affect us. The only thing I would change is a king bed for two since we r use to that at home. They do have that option.

Room Tip: If you like a lot of space rent bigger.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
lorileigh63, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Your review is much appreciated. Any time a person takes time out of their day to say something nice, it makes all of our hard work worthwhile. We try very hard and we hope it shows! Thanks,Lori
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 11 in Hendersonville
The Inn on Biltmore Estate

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!