“Clean, price is right, but don't leave anything behind...”
Review of Sunset Motel

Sunset Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brevard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This little place should do well. It is definitely a no frills (bring your own shampoo, blow dryer, etc), but the price is right, it is cute, and clean. My only complaint is that I left my pillow there, called and was assured they would send it to me (at my expense), it didn't arrive, so next call I reached the owner, who again assured me the pillow would be sent. Unfortunately, it was never sent, which was disappointing.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roamnbears
lorileigh63, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

I immediately contacted this guest to let her know that her pillow had been sent via UPS the day she and I spoke. I've asked her to look on her credit card bill to tell me when UPS charged it so we can start the tracking process. I've also let her know that we do in fact offer shampoo and blow dryers (+ a host of other items) are available upon request.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

On a recent visit to Brevard, we arrived in pouring rain - sought help from the visitor's center (amazing place and people), and ended up checking into the Sunset Motel.

Our room was cleverly decorated, VERY comfortable - and the price was absolutely right. To show the level of care - we had just entered the first room when the staff suggested we move. There was a puppy in the room next to us and they were worried we might be bothered.

So, we moved and slept peacefully in our magical room!! Great to see an innovative rennovation and a great management team!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Wow! We are much appreciative of your accolades. You described your room as "magical" and we are so pleased you feel that way. Thank you so much for your complimentary review! Lori

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a couple of nights in March. The owners and staff (especially Glenda) were amazing, laid back and so helpful. They let my daughter use their printer, spent time giving her tips to help her with her job search in Asheville, let me leave my car there overnight when we stayed with friends for a night, and were overall very accommodating. The rooms were comfortable, clean and I loved the retro renovation. We will stay here again most definitely!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Glenda said to tell you that you are most welcome. We look forward to seeing you again. Lori

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My buddy and reserved two rooms for a mtb trip to Brevard. Really clean rooms and very friendly staff. They are very bike saavy including a bike wash. Will be back in June and will stay at the Sunset Motel

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Mtbmore

Thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in June! Lori

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We loved this place. It's an older motel that has been re-done so the rooms are small but they have a great deal of character and are decorated in a cute way. Our bed was comfortable and as other reviews have stated, they are bike friendly. We were in Brevard so my husband could mountain bike and it was the perfect place to stay. Easy walk into the heart of Brevard for shopping and dinner. Price is very reasonable, free internet, cable. The management and people who work there are very nice. Great place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
lorileigh63, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you found everything to your pleasing. We are adding new ideas all the time and hope to see you in the future. People who stop and take the time to write reviews make all the difference to my business and I truly appreciate your time!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed at the Sunset while doing some photography in the area. Staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. Room was as advertised, clean and comfy and a good value for the $. Planning a return trip to Brevard in the fall and will reserve here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your praising review! I remember you and hope to see you 2 in the near future! P.S. We are going to start serving a free Continental breakfast every Saturday from May-Oct.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love this place :-) Bike friendly, low key, and all the retro nostalgia you could ask for! We stumbled upon it years ago and have returned every time we visit the area. Staff is always accommodating and friendly, make you feel at home. It is literally like taking a step back in time, you know, when people smiled and actually cared how you felt while traveling....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yogini1a
lorileigh63, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! Lori

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
#8 of 11 in Hendersonville
CedarWood Inn
CedarWood Inn
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!