“Nothing Special”
Review of Sagebrush Steakhouse - CLOSED

Sagebrush Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Sagebrush is a casual dining Steakhouse. Our menu is full of appetizing items with an emphasis on hand-cut steaks. We also offer prime rib, award winning ribs, fresh seafood & chicken, as well as a variety of garden fresh salads, appetizers & homemade desserts. We pride ourselves in serving a great meal with value & variety in a family friendly environment. Dine In - Take Out - Catering
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We've eaten here more than once since the restaurant is in our town. We don't, though, count it as anything special. We don't bother with steak anymore because the chefs can't consistently cook one to order. If this were 't supposed to be a steak house I'd be more forgiving. And don't even think of going in cold weather unless you have a warm coat with you and don't mind keeping it on while you eat
Umless you get one of only a couple of seats next to the fireplace you'll be COLD!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were seated promptly, as we were the second table of customers in the restaurant. We waited for quite some time, when a busboy asked if we had been helped. He sent someone to our table, who took our drink order and an order for appetizers. While we were waiting for these items, another waiter came over and said they had changed his section and hadn't told him, and he would be our waiter. As I said, there were two tables with customers and this guy had seen us sitting there. His section or not, a good server would have gotten us drinks at the very least. That was the first red flag. We never saw him again after his stop by our table to tell us his excuse.
Our drinks and appetizers came. We had requested that the bacon topping be served on the side of our appetizer, as one of our group is vegetarian. The waitress said that the cook had gone ahead and put them on top and was that okay. Well, no, it wasn't okay. Second red flag. We sent them back.
One of our group had ordered regular coffee. It was not even warm enough to melt the sugar. When we requested a fresh cup, it was barely tepid. This was red flag number three, and at that point we were going to cancel our order and leave, but no, here came our order.
The food was fair at best. Stems were not removed from a spinach salad, and the buffalo bites were just drenched in an obviously bottled sauce. The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. Definitely not worth the price.
We will never go back, and I could not recommend this place to anyone. We were very disappointed.

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

My family stopped by the sagebrush while staying at a cabin near by. We had the prime rib and it was delicious! The kids had grilled cheese and enjoyed them. Our server was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I have been here 3 times when visiting relatives in Cedar Mt, the most recent this summer. This is NOT fine dining, and don't expect silverware to shine nor someone to hand you a hand-towel in the bathroom. That said, I haven't once felt the place not clean. Service is southern-friendly. We've always had either ribs or brisket and always been happy with meat and sauce. Cold beer, friendly bartender always. Never had an issue with the service.

I give it average because come on; it's a rib joint. I'd feel comfortable bringing my kids in here, I'd feel comfortable eating here, I'd feel comfortable drinking here. I wouldn't call it a must-stop when visiting Pisgah, but if someone asked "where can I get some decent ribs and beer with good service," I'd send them here.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

First off after entering the restaurant we were taken to a back room. Our feet stuck to the floor the whole way. Then we were sat at a booth that was so tight we asked to be moved. The hostess asked the man behind me to move his seat closer to his table, so that I could get in my seat. The table was also very sticky.

My husband ordered the steak and it was dry. I ordered the ribs and they were great. I had a side order of mac and cheese and it was cold. The cole slaw was swimming in vinegar.

On the other hand, our waitress could not have been better. She came back numerous time to refill drinks. She was very pleasant, too.