“excellent”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I had lunch on a Sat. Atmosphere for a small mountain town is a 10 and not done on a shoe string, food a 10, and service a 10. My lunch cost $7.95, included tempura vegies, sushi, soup, and two other items. The presentation was quite special. Seems the owners do pay attention to detail. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank rubebos

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Sora is a little gem in Brevard North Carolina and if you don't know where it is you may miss it. They have very well prepared standard Japanese fare like teriyaki and tempura. They also serve a fairly good Udon. Where they shine is sushi. It is very nicely presented and always fresh.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great food with so many choices for everyone. The fried oyster appetizer is fabulous and I don't love oysters. The Bento box lunch is a great deal. I had the red curry chicken today. Great for a cool rainy day.

Nice atmosphere.

Service a little slow.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We ate here 2x during our 7 night stay in Brevard. The food was very good. We tried several dishes including sushi. The only down side was the service from our waitress. She was not up to par and not friendly or smiling. Which is unusual since everyone in Brevard would always greet people with a welcoming smile.
The men behind the sushi bar were very friendly and smiling. Lets hope that it spreads to the waitresses.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

my husband and I saw this restaurant on several occasions and said to ourselves," sushi, in the mountains?"...then we finally said let's do it . We did not realize that this was David's Zhangs' s (the owner of Umi in Hendersonville) love child based on the amazing Umi. . It truly astounds me that two places in the middle of WNC can have such fresh seafood that rivals eating on ANY pier along the coast! And I would know; I'm from Florida! Truly delicious Sushi and Thai, with creative Chefs and outstanding personal service that make you want to keep coming back for more. . If you haven't tried it, TAKE THE LEAP- YOU WON'T REGRET IT.