Review Highlights
One of our BEST TOURS EVER!

We took the "Waterfalls n' Wine" tour with guide Adam and it was simply fantastic! My wife & I have... read more

Reviewed October 13, 2018
Joehawk400
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
Waterfalls and Wine Tour

Pisgah Field School offers a wonderful way to see off the beaten path waterfalls in Pisgah Forest... read more

Reviewed October 6, 2018
Dorothy07100
Hendersonville, North Carolina

All reviews wine tour wine shop different wines off the beaten path white squirrel downtown brevard brian snakes plants van forestry guide hiking falls
Reviewed September 28, 2015

A friend and I took the "Waterfalls & Wine" tour last week and we are so glad we did. You can get to waterfalls on your own but going with someone who really knows the area is a huge plus. Adam gets you up close and to waterfalls that not everyone knows about. He'll also share what he knows about the forest and plants. His description of what to expect is accurate and if you're older or not quite steady on your feet off the beaten path then a hiking stick or poles can come in handy. We enjoyed the hiking involved and stopping to see the artistic cairns was an unexpected treat. The wine tasting afterwards was quite nice as was staying in town to have dinner at Jaime's. If I lived in the area, I'd happily go on more hikes with Adam & Co.

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank M J
Reviewed September 25, 2015

This is a must do if you are visiting in Brevard or the Asheville area. We visited beautiful waterfalls that were off the beaten path. It was a great afternoon and Adam was very informative about the area, the history and different plants and trees of the forest. He made the experience just that, an experience not to be missed. So glad I decided to do this and not just go out on my own to see some of the area waterfalls. The winery at the end of the tour was a huge plus. Great selection of wines and also very informative staff.

Date of experience: September 2015