“Wonderful food, interesting menu in nice out of way spot”
Review of The Square Root

The Square Root
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in a beautifully restored historic building...down a quiet alley in the heart of Downtown Brevard, The Square Root Restaurant is as well known for its architectural and artistic decor as it is for its fabulous food. Whether you're hoping to enjoy the ambiance of our indoor dining room, our locally crafted wood bar top, or the fresh breezes of our covered outdoor patio - there is room for everyone. Our atmosphere is inviting for romantic evenings, cocktails with friends, and family gatherings. We pride ourselves on serving locally roasted coffee from The Brown Bean, and we offer several local brews on tap and by the bottle. Menu choices include options to please the young and the old, the adventurous and the picky eaters, and anyone who enjoys delicious fresh food at reasonable prices. We also offer a full bar with extensive wine and cocktail choices.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had dinner there and really loved the food. I also thought the menu was very interesting and had a hard time picking out my entrée. We shared Shrimp and Grits appetizer (awesome). Then had scallops and my mom had hanger steak. Yummy although we were full from appetizer so will be eating the rest for lunch!
For dessert, I wanted to take to go and share with husband so asked if had good size dessert. Had pumpkin bundt cake that took home and heated in micro later. Even then really moist and sooo tasty. Plus we got a bonus..it was 1/2 bottles of wine! I loved the cozy, unpretentious atmosphere too. Service was good. Overall one of the best dinning experiences in a while.
Probably only suggestion for improvement is to add gluten free options (especially for dessert).

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We visited and we enjoyed the calamari and fish tacos. Another couple with us had the lobster macaroni and the chicken sandwich. We all enjoyed our meal. The restaurant is tucked away off street and has a nice patio for outdoor eating.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Atmosphere is fabulous, so cozy. I love it! Service and food was excellent! Diffidently recommended.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stopped in for lunch and had a delicious mixed greens salad in the outdoor eating area. Nice atmosphere and reasonable prices.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The night we went they were short staffed and normally I would be bothered at how slow everything took but the food was so damn good I couldn't complain about anything! Everything ordered by the total of 4 of us eating dinner was fresh and flavorful! Ordered Brie for an app which was amazing! Salmon, the best hanger steak I've ever eaten, if not the best steak PERIOD, Indian chicken and sashimi tuna all was great!