“Worst Service EVER”

Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in a beautifully restored historic building...down a quiet alley in the heart of Downtown Brevard, The Square Root Restaurant is as well known for its architectural and artistic decor as it is for its fabulous food. Whether you're hoping to enjoy the ambiance of our indoor dining room, our locally crafted wood bar top, or the fresh breezes of our covered outdoor patio - there is room for everyone. Our atmosphere is inviting for romantic evenings, cocktails with friends, and family gatherings. We pride ourselves on serving locally roasted coffee from The Brown Bean, and we offer several local brews on tap and by the bottle. Menu choices include options to please the young and the old, the adventurous and the picky eaters, and anyone who enjoys delicious fresh food at reasonable prices. We also offer a full bar with extensive wine and cocktail choices.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just read rca72's review. I think we were the couple that walked out. We were so very disappointed because the the food did look wonderful! First off, the waitress brought us the wrong drinks. She did come back with the right drinks and take our order; that was the last time she even looked our way until she brought us the bill! We sat for 30 minutes with empty tea glasses, no food and she brings us our bill!?! My husband laughed because it was so outrageous; me? It spoiled my afternoon in Brevard.

There are newer reviews for The Square Root

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a nice little restaurant in one of the alleys off Main St. They had a local bluegrass band playing on the patio and they were good. Food was fine. The restaurant was a bit uncomfortable with no air conditioning. Doors were left open and the night was humid so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Been wanting to try this place for some time wished that I had never went. Noticed tables that had not been cleaned and no one sitting at them. They sat us in a corner table for two by the door which was a very high traffic area for the staff that was waiting on customers outside but we read the entire menu front to back including the history of the building before someone asked for our drink order. So we placed our food order to at the same time and the lady came back twice to ask us what we had ordered. Yep we told the same person three times what we would like to have. In the mean time witnessed another couple get there check before they got there order so they got up and left. We saw the writing on the wall and followed them out. Wished I could have tried something to be able to comment on the food. I'm 40 years old and this is the first time I've ever walked out of a restaurant for any reason but the service was awful.

1  Thank rca72
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Recommended by a friend, so we went with some other friends. The atmosphere was casual, very inviting and warm. The service was excellent. Very friendly staff. We all ordered different dishes so we could share and taste each of them. We highly recommend the Pecan Encrusted Fried Brie with Frangelico Praline sauce. It is served with granny smith apples and crackers. It is delicious!! The food was amazing!!! Good size portions. They have a great selection of beers and drinks. They have live music on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. It was a great evening with great friends. If your ever in Brevard, NC, we highly recommend this place.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stopped here on vacation last fall and had a most delightful meal so we returned again this summer and I'm glad to say this meal was as great as the last. I love the creativity on the menu -- how many places in the mountains serve lamb meatball curry and fish tacos? Everything was fresh and incredibly delicious. Nice wine and bar list, too.