“No Flavor! Bummer.”

Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in a beautifully restored historic building...down a quiet alley in the heart of Downtown Brevard, The Square Root Restaurant is as well known for its architectural and artistic decor as it is for its fabulous food. Whether you're hoping to enjoy the ambiance of our indoor dining room, our locally crafted wood bar top, or the fresh breezes of our covered outdoor patio - there is room for everyone. Our atmosphere is inviting for romantic evenings, cocktails with friends, and family gatherings. We pride ourselves on serving locally roasted coffee from The Brown Bean, and we offer several local brews on tap and by the bottle. Menu choices include options to please the young and the old, the adventurous and the picky eaters, and anyone who enjoys delicious fresh food at reasonable prices. We also offer a full bar with extensive wine and cocktail choices.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We're new to the area and were looking for a good place to get lunch. Square Root looked promising enough...the menu seemed somewhat innovative and the location was ideal. Unfortunately the location is the only thing this place has going for it. Staff was friendly, but the food was not up to par. I had the caesar salad because I wasn't all that hungry. You would think that a caesar dressing would be pretty straight forward. Not for this place. I'm pretty sure their dressing consisted of sour cream and lemon juice. It was unbearable. My friend got the fish tacos and had the same problem. No flavor at all. Basic dishes guys. If you can't make it just buy it from your food distributor.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

It is a neat location and the weather was perfect, but .... my food came out way undercooked and they brought it back and it was still very rare. Someone already mentioned this bit their beer could be colder...it's not warns but kind of close

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I wandered into this charming restaurant, tucked away in an alley, and were instantly charmed. Paul, the amiable bartender, explained the history of the restaurant and the unusual bar and flooring. We ordered the fried brie appetizer and enjoyed it so much we came back the next day to eat it again. In fact, we were in Brevard for two nights and ate three of our meals at Square Root. Every dish we ordered was delicious. The service was attentive, prompt and friendly and the ambiance was one-of-a-kind. Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed this mountain restaurant. My trout, a favorite, was outstanding and my husband's pork was very good. We had a charming efficient waiter and on a raining night it was a cozy spot to be. Everything appeared to be made on sight and very fresh.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I found this restaurant by accident. We were walking around and looked down a road and BAM! Glad we went in the decor was killer the bar was made of a huge slab of white maple and the floor tile was cut pieces of wood . The food was AWESOME ! I recommend (if not dieting) the fried Brie (with green apples , caramel sauce and crackers) HOLY CRAP YUM ! . The Scallops were also a knock out. Wish I had some room left for the Banana Fosters but I had too many of the local beers on tap. Great meal I hope I find my way back there again some time

1  Thank dabreeze