“Great place to grab drinks and enjoy the evening”
Review of The Square Root

The Square Root
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in a beautifully restored historic building...down a quiet alley in the heart of Downtown Brevard, The Square Root Restaurant is as well known for its architectural and artistic decor as it is for its fabulous food. Whether you're hoping to enjoy the ambiance of our indoor dining room, our locally crafted wood bar top, or the fresh breezes of our covered outdoor patio - there is room for everyone. Our atmosphere is inviting for romantic evenings, cocktails with friends, and family gatherings. We pride ourselves on serving locally roasted coffee from The Brown Bean, and we offer several local brews on tap and by the bottle. Menu choices include options to please the young and the old, the adventurous and the picky eaters, and anyone who enjoys delicious fresh food at reasonable prices. We also offer a full bar with extensive wine and cocktail choices.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've never eaten their food here, actually. I've just been there several times to enjoy a few drinks on their patio, which they've always let us do when it's not crowded. Good service, and some nice local beers. Often there is live music.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had lunch here and we we not expecting much at first. The food turned out to be very good. The service was very good also. I will be back for more. They have a good menu and turn out really tasty food.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is one of our families favorite restaurants and lately it is hard to find a restaurant in Brevard or Hendersonville that can cook a good meal more than once. We frequently eat out and it seems that the first time you try a new restaurant the food always seems good. The true test is going back to the same restaurant a few times. This makes the 10 time of visiting the restaurant and the meal was superb. I can say that not a lot of Chefs know how to cook scallops without making them tough like an eraser. I ordered the Scallops with Mushroom Risotto and it was one of the best meals I have had in a while or at least since the last time we ate at the Square Root. My Husband always orders the burgers because they will allow you to cook the burgers rare or medium rare. It was excellent too. My Daughter always orders the Fish Tacos and she says they are great too. It is a family owned and run business and if you have time you need to talk to Rick, Adam or Cindy. They are a wonderful family to boot!!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stopped for a late lunch while out with my wife, daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. Were seated in a corner with a nice view of the bathrooms for our lunch. The place was full so there was no where else to sit, in hindsight we should have left then.
The waitress was quick and friendly.
My wife and granddaughter ordered the quiche, my daughter ordered Brunswick stew and my son-in-law and I ordered a Cuban sandwich.
My daughter said her stew was good. My wife and granddaughter stated their quiche was like chewing a rubber band. My son-in-laws and my Cuban were a ham sandwich with a pickle on bread that was not even pressed and toasted.
This was average for a tourist restaurant in the area so try to find somewhere out of downtown to eat.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Located in an alley between Main and Jordan Streets, you're not likely to stumble on this place by chance. But it is worth looking for! When I asked the desk clerk at our motel which restaurant (of several she had suggested) she would choose, she replied, "Square Root, hands down!" We weren't disappointed. My wife had Parmesan Herb Trout and I, Pan Seared Scallops. Both dishes were tasty and well prepared and came with a fresh garden salad. Service was friendly, knowledgeable and prompt. And as a bonus, Monday and Tuesday was "half-price wine (by the bottle) night. The setting was in a former newspaper office and featured some interesting decor: check out the flooring and the bar and its fixtures. It was a bit noisy inside, but seating on the front porch could help with that. So add the address to your GPS or get directions from a local and seek out Square Root.

1  Thank NCATdayhiker