“always go for lunch”

Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in a beautifully restored historic building...down a quiet alley in the heart of Downtown Brevard, The Square Root Restaurant is as well known for its architectural and artistic decor as it is for its fabulous food. Whether you're hoping to enjoy the ambiance of our indoor dining room, our locally crafted wood bar top, or the fresh breezes of our covered outdoor patio - there is room for everyone. Our atmosphere is inviting for romantic evenings, cocktails with friends, and family gatherings. We pride ourselves on serving locally roasted coffee from The Brown Bean, and we offer several local brews on tap and by the bottle. Menu choices include options to please the young and the old, the adventurous and the picky eaters, and anyone who enjoys delicious fresh food at reasonable prices. We also offer a full bar with extensive wine and cocktail choices.
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
“always go for lunch”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have gone here a few times over the years. Some really bad to good experiences. The place has changed owners. It has been inconsistent for sure. My dinner experiences have mostly been poor. I love the atmosphere and friendly staff. I don't ever go for dinner anymore. But have found I love their turkey sandwich with the fried jalopenos and avocado mayo. And their zucchini fries are great! So I go for this lunch every few months.

• Visited January 2013

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Satisfactory. Fine tune”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall this was a good experience and I would go back. Things to be aware of though. My wife and I ordered the calamari to start with and it was good but there was a lot of fried batter underneath the calamari. The traditional sauce was good but the Asian sauce was extremely salty. The salads were good and the dressings were wonderful and made in house. Under recommendation of the waitress I ordered the pork strip stake and it was wonderful. Very juicy and the apples and sauce very good. However I did think it needed just a little something else to really make it stand out from anywhere else. My wife got the trout casino with mashed potatoes. She thought the trout was over breaded with Panko and did not have much flavor. It needed some citrus flavor to make the well cooked trout more flavorful. The mashed side was not good at all the potatoes were dry and had no flavor. Over a good e perience I would simply fine tune something's. Also know you need reservations for dinner.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Best Eats in Brevard”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

A great place to eat with interesting choices on the menu. Service was quick and helpful. Be sure to make a reservation if you want to eat inside. Outsides not bad unless it's cold.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Second visit was more pleasurable”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I returned to Square Root in Hendersonville to give it another chance, and I am glad we did. We had excellent service and the Cajun Shrimp and Grit Cake was very good. The bartender did not have the best knowledege of drinks, but the beer selection is good. Only complaint is desserts are not homemade.

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Nice but not over the top.”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Cool ambiance. Great wine & beer selection. Food was good, but not overly so. The manager was a saint! We ate later than usual... Around 8ish. For December, in this sleepy little town, that's taking a chance. This time of year, the sidewalks roll up at 9. A bullish old rude lady walks in right at closing (kitchen had been closed for 1/2 hour) demanding she & her friend be seated & served. After lengthy conversation, the manager opened the kitchen for this woman who ordered 1 appetizer, 1 meal, & 1 beer to split between 2 people... This belligerent customer kept pushing the manager (who by this time is the only remaining server) for extra service - typically refills on water... I'd be willing to bet the rude customer didn't even tip after receiving service above & beyond.

• Visited December 2012