“Delicious Food & Cool Atmosphere”
Review of The Square Root

The Square Root
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in a beautifully restored historic building...down a quiet alley in the heart of Downtown Brevard, The Square Root Restaurant is as well known for its architectural and artistic decor as it is for its fabulous food. Whether you're hoping to enjoy the ambiance of our indoor dining room, our locally crafted wood bar top, or the fresh breezes of our covered outdoor patio - there is room for everyone. Our atmosphere is inviting for romantic evenings, cocktails with friends, and family gatherings. We pride ourselves on serving locally roasted coffee from The Brown Bean, and we offer several local brews on tap and by the bottle. Menu choices include options to please the young and the old, the adventurous and the picky eaters, and anyone who enjoys delicious fresh food at reasonable prices. We also offer a full bar with extensive wine and cocktail choices.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wonderful dining experience. We LOVED the Pecan Encrusted Fried Brie for the appetizer. Ordered the Butternut Squash Ravioli and the Eggplant Parmesan for our main course..they were both DELICIOUS and large servings of food! Very romantic and cozy/cool atmosphere. Also, service was right on. Great place for a date night. We were visiting from out of town and staying at the Red House Inn. Hands down, Square Root is a must try!

There are newer reviews for The Square Root

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The food and the staff were great. I had the Smoked Salmon Omelet and my wife had the grilled shrimp and sausage over a fried grit cake. I have to say that my omelet was superb with a little cream cheese in it. My wife said the sausage made the meal.
I would recommend this place to anyone and will make a point to detour here next time i am near.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Have eaten here several times and always find the food good. Service has always been good. My only complaint is that the atmosphere can be very loud.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband & I just spent a weekend mountain biking in the Dupont Forest and had dinner at the Square Root restaurant in Brevard. We started with the Mussels Provencal in white wine sauce; which was great! He had the Grilled Pork Strip Steak with Tomato Herb Risotto, and I had the Hanger Steak with Roasted Red Pepper Butter. Food was excellent; presentation was beautiful; service and atmosphere was wonderful. A definite 'must visit' when you get to Brevard. Per wait staff, expanding to Hendersonville, NC this year; if the food stays true to the original, its worth checking out. A nice surprising find in a small NC town!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My daughter and I were in Brevard, NC last weekend, and consulted Tripadvisor to help us decide where to have dinner. Square Root turned up, Number one on the list, so we decided to go there. It is "tucked away" and not all that easy to find, but GPS got us there, and we had a delightful experience. The waitress had a great humor, and attitude, and was very helpful, I ordered the Eggplant Parmesean, which was enough for two meals, and was the best I've ever had, hands down. Crisply fried, fresh, deliciously seasoned, it was a true delight. My daughter ordered the London Broil Hoagie, and loved it, there was enough for another meal there, too.
We sat outside on the veranda, and live music was setting up as we were leaving, it started at 8pm, but we missed that. I highly recommend Square Root, for a fabulous dining experience.