“Don't miss the pizza buffet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 68 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
cpwtrip
“Don't miss the pizza buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

good! my family enjoyed it. always really great food and a fun, family atmosphere. it is a nice stop when you are downtown.

Visited June 2013

Kodak, Tennessee, United States
“NJ Yankee Living in Tn Eat here every Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a small town pizza joint in the old part of town Fun great food family friendly . Staff is nice . We had large cheese pie onions mushrooms & slices meatball all gone . Fried ravioli all gone . Tomato sauce you could sip on all day . New York cheese cake next . Yum !!!! Kris Wilk kodak tn sunday dec29th 2013 Yankee

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank kriswk
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Second time we've come here for pizza while in town. Antipasto salad is awesome, love the pizza, and there's a great beer selection. Also like the atmosphere-small place, very casual, with a great local feel. Our waitress wasn't overly friendly or on top of things, but we will definitely come back when in town and hankerin' for pizza.

1 Thank EllenMel
alpharetta, georgia
“Hot Mess!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was our first and last visit to Big Mikes. Walking into Big Mikes in October was like walking into a mine field. I saw disaster everywhere but had to tough it out because I couldn't believe what a hot mess this pizza place was and hoping I was wrong. It has tremendous potential to be the go-to pizza joint in Brevard. That's what's so sad.

My husband and I arrived for dinner around 6pm and as we walked in the door, there was no one to greet us except the 7 people standing at the doorway waiting to be seated. No one took our name down, you just stood there and waited your turn. I guess the waitresses were eyeballing who was next. Over to the right were 6 big pin ball machines taking up valuable floor space where tables or booths could put paying customers. Also there was a metal buffet station that also took up valuable floor space where customers could be seated and money spent. What a waste of floor space.

The place was dirty, floor was nasty. Staff overworked. Another huge wasted space was a long bar where the waitresses just dropped all the dirty dishes instead of taking them to the back. Who thought it was a great idea to just dump all the dirty dishes right on the bar? Management could have easily had a full time bar tender and bus person. Every now and then someone would clean off part of the bar but here came more dirty dishes. Again, a bar where customers could sit and order drinks and generate $$. My husband and I saw a clean 6 foot space at the bar and was told we could sit there and order our food if we didn't want a 30 min wait. So we did. We ordered wine and a pizza. I figured if the waitresses saw customers at the bar, they wouldn't be so apt to drop dirty dishes there…..Oh no. They piled them up.
Then disaster struck. My husband and I were at the bar watching the chaos around us when a waitress comes up close to me with dirty dishes and sets them down. Really?? That close? In doing so, a small dish of marinara sauce falls and it's contents end up on my pants, shirt and hair!!! OMG!!! She apologizes and helps to wipe it up. I tell her to get us a table immediately and we move right away to a table that had just opened even though there were many lined up waiting. When our waitress brought us our bill, there was no reduction taken even though I had food dumped on me. My husband went up to pay and explained what had happened and suggested they at least comp my wine. No questions asked, no apology, they just said ok. Oh, the food? pizza just ok, greek salad good. What a shame Mikes is such a management disaster !! Seriously, it is not worth the wait on a Saturday night. Too many other nice restaurants in Brevard.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank xctryskier
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good food. Good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Sunday for lunch. The food was very good and plenty of it. No one went home hungry. We visited on the recommendations on trip advisor. Well worth the visit.

2 Thank Homeschool D