“Peace and Quiet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brevard
Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and cannot wait to return. This was the first time I have been camping and my friends were laying odds I would find a Hampton Inn within 24hours. They were wrong. There is nothing better than clean air and the sounds of nature. I used the rent a tent option and everything was set up for me when I got there (big plus). The facilities are very clean, plenty of hot water and there’s a hairdryer. Steven was a wealth of information on where to go and what to do. The area is private, peaceful and very beautiful. There is plenty to do or if you prefer nothing at all can be most relaxing. I came looking for quite and solitude and I found it!
Thanks, ~ Donna

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
sldmsh, Owner at Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

We appreciate your staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our motto is "Nature Revives the Spirit", so we are especially glad that you found the quiet and solitude that you desired.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This campground is a true gem. The setting is so serene and peaceful and the owners do an amazing job of making you feel like you are a guest in their home. We just got back from camping here in an rv for a little over a week. The day we arrived one of the owners, Mark, was kind enough to park for us since the hills are pretty steep. He went over the camp policies with us and made us feel so welcome. I know there are two reviews on here that take issue with the rules, but in my experience they seemed to be rules designed to make every camper's stay more comfortable. I had no problems with them and in fact really appreciated knowing that every step had been taken to make the camp a safe place for my family.

Throughout the week, we had many chances to chat with Mark and Steven and they were really lovely guys who seem to take great pride in their camp. Mark taught my kids all about the local flora and my youngest was thrilled to be able to identify different mushrooms and moss by the end of the trip. The hiking trails were well kept and really provided a great way to wind down the day.

We anticipate visiting Brevard yearly (our kids attend a camp there) and I can say that after this stay there is no doubt where we will be staying- Ash Grove.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gina W
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words. It was a pleasure sharing our love of Nature with your family. See you next year (if not before)!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed one night and loved it. Mark and Steve are very nice and so helpful. Cleanest bathrooms I've ever used at a campsite. The ground are fairly small but you never feel crowded; in fact, the trees are thick enough you never see the site next to you. Makes for a very nice, deep woods experience. We will be returning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank emilygraves05
sldmsh, Owner at Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Offering a place that is clean and uncrowded are two of our (many) goals that enable our guests to enjoy their experience here at Ash Grove. We're glad we succeeded! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My son and I stayed in one of the cabins for a week. We had a nice camp fire each evening, after kayaking and Canyoneering, in a perfectly cleared area with a stone fire pit. The charcoal grill and picnic table at our cabin site was CLEAN, AND WELL KEPT. The cabin itself was neat, clean and comfortable. The owners are friendly and accommodating, and the you feel secluded in a beautiful forrest. One evening we were laying in our hammocks by the camp fire and had 3 deer stroll past. It doesn't get any better than that. We will return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhino_Diver

We are glad that you had a good stay at Ash Grove and that you enjoyed some of the outdoor adventures that Transylvania County has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is the best property of its type I've visited. Owners are friendly and helpful. Cabins are well-supplied. The level of cleanliness rivals any expensive hotel I've stayed in. If you like simple, rustic accommodations you cannot do better than this.

Also located in the middle of copious hiking options in nearby state and national forests. And a variety of eating and supply outlets within 10 minutes in Brevard.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank beezerbit
sldmsh, Owner at Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

As one of the owners--and chief cabin cleaner--thank you for your kind review. We work hard to make Ash Grove a clean and inviting environment. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were planning to camp at Ash Grove with the kids who were thrilled...when a sudden thunderstorm popped up and we were so fortunate to have Ash Grove accomodate us with the pet friendly cabin. The cabin was clean, and wonderful. Yes, rustic.....but the kids and my husband loved it. No, this is not the Marriott or Ritz, but we did not want that - it was PERFECT.... wonderful screened in porch on the cabin, areas to build a fire and cook smores, porch swings, just lovely and simple. We will return. LOVED IT

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bebmay
sldmsh, Owner at Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

We're sorry that the kids didn't get to spend the night in a tent, but are glad that we were able to allow you to stay warm and dry in the cabin. We look forward to your coming back to camp. (And the bathhouse for the campers is just as clean as the cabin!)

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Located in a mountain town where everyone knows each other and nobody honks at you because you drive slowly as a result of not being accustomed to the mountain driving. We just stayed at a techno site for 3 nights. Water at the site is drinkable. The sites are clean, and the ground is flat without any stumps or roots growing out of the ground, so you can sleep without the air mattress. Trash cans and recycle bins provided. If you are at site 3 put your stakes in slanted, there is either concrete or rock under the dirt that will stop the stakes from going in all the way. If you go on a cold night, it is warmer to sleep on the ground than on the air mattress (thanks Mark for that tip). The bath house is super clean and did not have a bad smell to it. We all know those bathrooms that make you not have to go anymore, but Ash Grove doesn't have one! It is really quiet at the site. We went during the week so we didnt see a lot of people, but that was fine since we did a lot of tourist stuff during the day. The owners are friendly and helpful. I had a gift basket put together for my daughter and she loved what they picked out based on a long list of interests that I gave them. She is already researching how to plant the seeds they put in her basket. Visit Rocky's Grill downtown too, great food, low prices and super friendly staff. Mayberry's cafe also had really good food. For tourist stuff; The Blueridge Parkway isn't far and will take up a whole day or more. Dupont State Forest is a great place to go to see waterfalls. Hooker falls is very simple to get to.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jammie s
sldmsh, Owner at Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thanks for staying with us! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your daughter's birthday basket made her happy. We look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
#1 of 5 in Candler
The Inn at Brevard
The Inn at Brevard
#4 of 5 in Brevard

Been to Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping? Share your experiences!