“Scheduling our next trip back to Ash Grove ASAP !!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brevard
Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is the place to go if you want to experience nature at its finest. Peaceful, tranquil and perfectly situated in the mountains. My sis and I recently stayed at Ash Grove in one of the cabins for a long weekend. What a wonderful place to re-charge yourself. Even a light drizzly rain didn’t stop us from grilling out and enjoying the beautiful surroundings that this place has to offer. Our cabin was adorable and well equipped with all the essentials. The proprietors could not have been more helpful and accommodating to our needs. They made us feel at home the second we arrived. Giving us the highlights of the area helped us narrow down our list of things to do and places to see. We are already scheduling our next trip back to this serene and tranquil spot. Thank you for making this such a special trip for us.
Kathy and MaryAnn, Naples Fl.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy J
sldmsh, Owner at Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

We look forward to seeing you and your sister again. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I'm given Ashe Grove 2 stars only because the bathrooms were clean. Overall my experience there was not a pleasant one from the start. The first red flag should have been the fact that after several calls and requests to return my calls (to reserve a site and ask questions about the campground) I merely received emails as the only form of communication. The location is nice but my biggest issue with the camp grounds were the less than welcoming demeanor of one of the owners. Upon arrival, camping instructions, rules and regulations were communicated by one of the owners with a tone of annoyance. Asking to have something repeated was met with irritation and it felt like we were being given instructions by a very strict 3rd grade teacher who you dared to cross paths with on the wrong day! Although the policy states strict adherence to the 10:00pm quiet rule, it apparently doesn't apply to all guest or at least the returning ones. After reading several positive reviews I am glad to hear that the campground has several loyal customers, I however was not one of them. My experience there left me knowing from the start that this would be my first and last stay at Ash Grove.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
12  Thank KindnessMatters12
sldmsh, Owner at Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

It is difficult to respond to this review, as we have no idea who wrote it and do not know to what they are referring. We have had no recent guests who listed a Washington DC area address. Neither of the owners has any recollection of being asked to repeat the camping instructions--given that the request elicited such a negative response from the reviewer, it seems as if we would remember the incident. We enforce our 10pm quiet time policy "what (noise) happens in your site, stays in your site", but we can't be everywhere at all times, so if we do not hear noise and no one notifies us that there is a problem, we cannot do anything about it. As to the complaint about responding by email, our Wi-Fi coverage at Ash Grove is much better than our cordless phones, so if someone has provided us with their email address,it is sometimes faster for us to respond to a potential guest's questions by email rather than by phone. We also send an email in addition to leaving a voicemail if they don't answer their phone. In the future, we will try to be more persistent in contacting guests by phone, if they request it.

With the information that we have, our best response to this reviewer is to say that we are sorry that their experience was not what they desired or expected. We would also suggest that in the future, if they have problems at any business, they notify management-- at the time the problem occurs--so that management may have the opportunity to try to make things right

Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our refreshing, relaxing stay at Ash Grove Campground. We stayed in a Stellar tent site, and it was absolutely perfect for us! We've only been camping a couple of times, but we plan to make it a tradition after this wonderful experience. Management was extremely helpful, and they went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. We were also very impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms and the general maintenance of the campground. Our one regret is that we could only stay for two nights.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kmryland

Thank you! We are glad that your positive experience at Ash Grove has encouraged you to go camping more.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

we couldn't of been happier with ash grove! we stayed at campsite kuzu with another couple and it was a great time. the tent pads were level and cleared of all roots. a good thing since we had forgotten our air mattress! the sites are secluded, but close enough if you have friends or family staying at another site. kudzu is a double site but you're tents are not on top of each other. the bath house is the cleanist i've ever seen at a campground! we'll definitely be visiting again!

Room Tip: make reservations ahead of time, watch their video online to pick out your site
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank volvogrrl

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. And thanks for the compliment on the clean bathhouse--it takes a lot of work to keep it that way.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I've stayed at Ash Grove many times and am looking forward to the next stay in a few weeks. This trip I'm bringing not just my mother but my 16 year old Nephew and my husband. I get to Ash Grove as often as possible even though I live in Switzerland. This is why it's taken so long to get my husband here. Brevard is just minutes away - so you get beautiful nature at Ash Grove and a wonderful village close by for the city life.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Very clean and comfy cabin, conveniently located on the property close to trails, bonfire pit and badminton court. Friendly and helpful proprietors. Peaceful and very quiet setting. nice screened in porch on cabin. short drive to town for eating at some great restaurants. Lots of fun.Close to many great hiking trails and beautiful waterfalls.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
sldmsh, Owner at Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2011

Thank you so much for the review. We really appreciate it--and your business, too.
Mark and Steven

Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is a great campground, that my partner and I throughly enjoyed. We made a few new friends and loved that the campground recylces and keeps their bathrooms clean and neat. Its a central location and the owners were wonderful. I am looking forward to my next trip planned there this coming April!! Camp here if you can..you wont be disappointed!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We especially appreciate our returning guests! See you later this month.
Mark and Steven

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
#1 of 5 in Candler
The Inn at Brevard
The Inn at Brevard
#4 of 5 in Brevard

Been to Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping? Share your experiences!