“A very good meal”
Review of Hobnob - CLOSED

Hobnob
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Hobnob serves gourmet comfort food influenced by the mountains and the South. We serve as much local product as possible from produce to local beef, chicken, trout, catfish and heritage pork. Almost the entire menu can be prepared GLUTEN FREE, and we offer both Vegan and Vegetarian options on our menu.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“A very good meal”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our second time visiting Hobnob. This time it was for dinner. We loved the bread and our fried artichoke appetizer. We both had steaks and they were cooked to order. The yukon mashed potatoes were very good. The only real complaint I had was that the wine list wasn't very good. Would have loved to see a little bit more variety so that I could have had a good cabernet with my delicious steak!

Visited March 2013

Roswell, Georgia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Cute old house, but very disappointed in this overpriced restaurant with mediocre food. It was my first and last visit!

• Visited March 2013
“Over-rated, over-priced”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Crowded, hectic, decent food, but expensive. Sit outside if the weather permits. Or go to Marco's next door.

Visited July 2012
Brevard, North Carolina
“Wonderful People, wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very cute restaurant in an old house. Always new and interesting food, and Sunday brunch is to die for. My absolute favorite is the Lobster Bisque that they have as a special occasionally. I would swim in it.

Visited November 2012
“Lack of everything”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited Hon Knob yesterday and was extremely disappointed.It took almost fifteen minutes to get drinks. We ordered the crab and lobster bisque soup. When it finally came, it was barely luke warm and very watered down. Our server did not tell us the specials for the day, and after overhearing them read to someone else, knew it would have been much better than what we ordered. When our food finally arrived it was just bland. I ordered a "Parmesan crusted" chicken sandwich, which ended up being a very tiny chicken breast with a piece of cheese on it. This came with fries. I asked for mayo which was watery an had no taste. I was told it was homemade. My son ordered a hamburger. Nothing special there. My daughter ordered seafood lasagna and it was good. Our server was to busy to bring drink refills. Other customers were also complaining over not being read the specials etc... Finally one of the servers said the lack of services was due to the owner and cook being out of town for a funeral. I understand things like this happen, but if you cant staff your restaurant for a Saturday due to needing to be elsewhere then close the doors for the day. I spent $65 on lunch (including tip) and would have got better food and service at McDonalds.

• Visited February 2013