“No thanks. I'll pass...”
Review of The Phoenix

The Phoenix
Ranked #25 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Phoenix is Brevard's only Farm to Table Restaurant. We are proud to support our local farmers,sourcing our food from Busy Bee Farm, Hickory Nut Gap Farm, Morgan Mill Trout Farm, and our local farmer's market. All of our Proteins are antibiotic and growth hormone free. Our kitchen is open until 10p.M. seven days a week, with a late night menu available until 12am (mon.-sat.). We serve Lunch & Dinner Monday-Friday, and Brunch & Dinner on Saturday and Sunday. We have a Full Service Bar with a selection of biodynamic, organic and sustainable beer and wine. We also feature signature house made liquor infusions which include Peach and Apple Pie Moonshines. Our menu is seasonal so that we can offer you the freshest products available. We also have Live Music 7 days a week, offering a wide variety of genres from local and regional musicians. All of our shows are free unless posted otherwise.
Lexington, Kentucky
“No thanks. I'll pass...”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Heard about this "all local" restaurant & looked forward to trying it out. I wish restaurants would realize that if you want to get a nice reputation....have your employees take their habits out back & not at the entry of the restaurant. It's unprofessional to see employees out front. French onion soup was bland. No taste at all. The bread/cheese were charred & burnt @ edges of the bowl. Three other tables came in after us & were served before us. When I inquired, they said they didn't enter our order in the computer. We ended up leaving. Another couple walked out about 15 minutes before we did. We walked out & went to a diner down the street. I was looking forward to the grilled fennel @ the Phoenix but it never made it to the table

2 Thank K B

Edmonton
“I guess I was there on an "off-night"”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wow - everyone loves the Phoenix but they had a hard time accommodating our large group of hungry .eaters. Many people were finished eating and others had not received their food. A plate of asparagus was offered as recompense. I really didn't like my gumbo but oh well...I must have ordered the wrong thing.
Service was friendly but uneven. I would definitely try this place again - but not with a large group.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Maria-Enrique
Tampa, Florida
“Even my Husband liked it.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family runs the other way when I mention going to an "organic" restaurant, but they all loved the Phoenix. Our meals were unique and delicious - Oh and did I say healthy too! The owner sources their meats and vegetables from local farmers which is an added plus. They also have a pub style menu if you prefer to relax on their sofas with a cocktail and listen to music. I would rate this Brevard restaurant in the top two!

Asheville, North Carolina
“The salad was good”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

On the basis of tripadvisor comments and looking at the menu, we were hoping to find an ideal spot to eat before going to the Brevard Music Festival (which was great).
Unfortunately the experience did not fulfill our hopes. The music was too loud, tho that was rectified somewhat. The wine list is unimpressive and the wines we were served, both red and white, confirmed that early indication.
I ordered the shrimp creole which was unsatisfactory owing to the excessive heat from the jalapenos used in the recipe. The shrimp were chewy and overcooked as was the side of asparagus I ordered. Lemon slices rather than lemon wedges were provided to help the shrimp dish. The short ribs were OK according to one of our dining companions.
At least the salad and fennel were quite good.
We are not likely to make a return visit.

1 Thank SteveNC41
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nighht Life”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great food, music and people......period! Hang out with the locals and visitors, bring your instruments for open mike on Thursday night or just sit and listen. By the way, the bartenders are gorgous!

Visited June 2013