“Mexican "Big City Fine Dining" Experience in a Small Town.”

Quixote Fine Cuisine
Ranked #12 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: Diner, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Come Experience Brevard's Premier Fine Dinning Restaurant; You Will Enjoy Our Fresh Ingredients And Elegant Atmosphere.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Most Mexican restaurants have a "numbered" menu with endless combinations of tacos, burritos, enchiladas, etc. Quixote holds itself out to be a "fine dining" restaurant. Brevard is not Manhattan, so "fine dining" in Brevard is not exactly the same as it would be in a big city. Small building, but nicely decorated. I had queso with chorizo mixed in for an appetizer. You would expect chips, so you could "dip," but I was given "baby" flour tortillas, so I made "baby quesadillas" -- very good. The chorizo had a good taste without being too hot. My wife had guacamole for her appetizer -- she loved it. My main course was a ribeye steak that had been marinated in what was called a Mojo sauce. It was very good. You could taste the flavor in every bite. No steak sauce needed. The vegetable was a corn and poblano mix. Very spicy, lots of heat. It was unique, not your usual "rice and refried beans" side. My wife had steak tacos. The pico was the freshest and tastiest she had ever had, and she is not a pico fan. We would go back. The menu had lots of other items we would like to try.

There are newer reviews for Quixote Fine Cuisine

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a delicious meal this evening prior to going to the Brevard Music Center for a concert. If you're looking for Tex-Mex, go elsewhere.

We had the appetizer trio which included freshly made guacamole, a creamy cucumber dip, and queso with chorizo served with tortilla chips and hot flour tortillas. Delicious, along with her sangria and my margarita.

Dinner was two chicken dishes: one with an apple and pine nut sauce and the other with a fabulous mole sauce. Didn't have room for dessert. Service was fine and attentive.

Quite an unexpected, but delicious, find for Brevard.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good food with a chef who cares if you enjoy your meal. You may encounter sauces which are outside your taste preference and if you do - the chef promptly offers a replacement. We would happily try the food here again, but for a staff member who thinks a polite request to correct an inflated check is cause to abuse tired travelers.

1  Thank purrfectFlorida
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Thinking this was to be the standard Mexican fare, we were delightfully surprised by some delicious cucumber dips, cactus based sides, amazing chicken with sauces that were so tasty, I thought I was dining at a family home. Come to find out many of the recipes are from the owner's home table! The desserts like the pasta pudding and the coffee flavored flan were most unique and mouth watering.
The next time I will try his specially prepared skirt steak.
Brevard has many great restaurants, I am now adding this one to my "must return again" list!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have been knocking around the Brevard area for the last 4 days, hiking and sightseeing - a wonderful area to visit. As always, I refer to TripAdvisor to point us in the right direction on all things culinary. We had been out for almost 12 hours, hiking to various waterfalls in the area. I was beat and wanted a good meal. Quixote fit the bill. Great service and wonderful food. Our hostess let me sample various sauces while my wife devoured what she called the best guacamole that she has ever tasted. I had steak tacos and my wife the flank steak. Both were flavorful and tender. Perfect meal after a long day. The service was wonderful, very attentive and informative. The only negative would be two things: we sat in a booth that was next to some art work that was spotlighted and it was much to bright. If that is all you can find to complain about in a dining experience then I would say it was a pretty good experience. Great place.