“Pleasant Surprise”

The Falls Landing
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A downtown Brevard, NC restaurant since 1993. Delicious food, comfortable atmosphere, and great service are all part of The Falls Landing experience.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I had the occasion to be in Brevard, N.C. and was searching for a place to eat. As I always do, I cranked up TripAdvisor to review a few locations. After selecting one I was unable to get a table within a reasonable period of time and went searching on foot. I came to The Falls Landing, which I had read about as well. I choose it and boy was that a great choice. The food was surprisingly good. I had grilled Mahi Mahi and it was cooked perfectly. Moist and not overcooked with a nice grilled flavor. As a side I had linguine in white wine sauce and it was equally good. My wife and daughter had the N.Y. Strip and I must say it rivals one of the better steaks I've had recently. The restaurant itself could use a little work and needs better ambiance but it was clean and quiet. All in all, I would return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

This was our first time in Brevard and we came down from Waynesville on 276 through the Mountains. If you don't mind turning your steering wheel about 3,000 times, try it. What Beautiful Scenery. It was our 42nd. Wedding Anniversary and my Wife wanted Fish for lunch. We had picked out "The Falls Landing" before we left and we were not disappointed. We got there at 1pm and were seated right away. We both had the "Fish & Chips" and it was great. The Cod was flak'y inside and the beer batter was fried just right. I know it's pretty easy to fry fish,but I also know it's easy to do it wrong. Stop in at "The Falls Landing",they do it right. As usual,everyone was real friendly. Steve & Deloris

1  Thank stephencc38
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is rather small but very popular restaurant. They do take reservations, even for lunch.. The best table by far is a round four top in the window. Most of the other tables are crowded together with little room to spare.

The food and service is excellent. We ate lunch there both days that we were in Brevard and would go back again if we ever return.

1  Thank Pat C
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I wish I could review the food and dining experience. We did arrive without a reservation and were given a time for 45 minutes later. (There were several two top tables and 2 four tops with no one seated - which we needed.) When we came back for our reservation time at 7pm there were still 2 four tops open - the same tables as when we came in the first time and still no one seated at them However, we were told that they made a mistake and there was a 7:15 reservation that would take precedence over ours since they called in at lunch time and we would have to wait another 45 minutes. (THIS STILL LEFT SEVERAL TABLES OPEN.) The young man at the door could not have been more rude.

2  Thank happytravelersx4
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is an OK restaurant but you will not be blown away. Very standard fare….my father really like his fish and chips.

1  Thank KBBoca