“great concierge for a family priced hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brevard
atlanta
“great concierge for a family priced hotel”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at this HI and will certainly go back. My son goes to camp in Brevard and we needed a place to stay. We checked and Rick was so helpful and sent us to an amazing local restaurant, Hob Nob. He shared with us a bit about the place and we had an excellent evening. The rooms were clean and comfortable, with our choice of floor. Breakfast was its usual amazing spread and the buffet was clean and well maintained.

1 Thank egg71
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your response and I am glad Rick was able to be so helpful. We look forward to seeing you again at our Hotel.

Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had a King room with a refridgerator and microwave that was clean but there was nothing spectacular about this hotel. This rated just above the lower teer hotels but after staying at the Hampton Inn in Brevard, this hotel was better and the staff was more responsive. This hotel was near the entrance of the Pisgah Forest which offerred the natural beauty of the forrest and numberous outdoor activities. Short of staying 20 miles away, this hotel was acceptable.

Room Tip: Lower rooms seemed to be better.
3 Thank rjdan
Atlanta
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Super clean room with better than average linens and towels. One of the better "free breakfasts" I've run across. Nice common areas and pool. Probably the best choice in Brevard.

2 Thank K C
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My family and I chose to spend our 1 week of vacation in the area due to the proximity of the Pisgah Forest. It was a wise choice. The hotel is very clean and modern, and Tommy at the front desk was very nice, friendly, and helpful. We had purchased a suite for 5 nights. I usually ask for a low floor, because I don't like hoofing all of my gear up the elevator/stairs. The suite was well furnished. Since I have three children, a room for 5 can be a difficult thing to negotiate. This room could potentially sleep 6. It had two queen beds and a pull out sofa. So if you have a family of 5 or 6, this is your place. The suite came with a small fridge and microwave as wells as a bar sink. Though you would not be doing heavy duty cooking here, it is a good place for microwave meals or reheats of the previous night's pasta. I would recommend larger families bring an extra cooler, as not all leftovers will fit in the fridge. The breakfast bar was well stocked, and I liked how management, when fully booked, opened a meeting room for overflow crowd to sit in. This is a pet peeve of mine with these breakfast areas, and the management here came up with a good solution. Well done!

There were a couple of negatives that were not entirely hotel related, but that I will offer up to help your experience. We stayed in room 108, but the family in 208 was atrocious. It was obvious they had two to three children up there, and that the children were often left alone. Do yourself a favor and choose a room on the third floor. I had to complain to management twice to get them to knock on the door and the kids under control. It was so bad, I didn't complain, my kids complained! Management was responsive here, but I'm sure I was not the only annoyed guest. A hint would be if your guest complains more than once, it is probably time to move or send the family packing. Secondly, there was a night shift employee who I witnessed was not very responsive to calls to the front desk and he often was in the breakfast room watching TV. As a service employee myself, this came across as unprofessional.

Overall, the hotel was a great value. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor. Ceilings seemed paper thin, and children above sounded like a stampede.
4 Thank sunshine135
Nelson, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very nice hotel. I thought it was alittle spendy for where it was. But not many other options. Very helpful front desk staff. Would stay again if in area

Room Tip: Make sure to eat at the Twin Dragon Buffet just down the road. Excellent food and reasonable prices.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank backwaterboy
Olney, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My family and I visited Brevard, NC over the Memorial Day weekend for the specific purpose of attending the White Squirrle Festival. What a delightful place! The staff at the Holiday Inn Express was knowledgeable about the area, good with directions, friendly and just seemed happy to have us as visitors. The breakfast they served each morning was the best we have ever experienced at a hotel! Rooms were well maintained and clean. Beds very comfortable. Nice pool area and fitness center. Well light parking area. The only negative I could find was our room was noisy. We were on the miidle floor and had a lot of noise from upstairs, but they were very busy the weekend we were there. We will definately stay at this location again! The White Squirrel Festival was great-well organized and a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Would request the top floor to avoid excessive noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been coming to Brevard with great frequency over the past year (70 nights so far) and can certify that the HIX is the best local accomodation choice. (I have stayed at four differnt propertes during ths time, so my observations are valid.) While the nearby Hampton charges comparable rates, the comparison ends there. The HIX has more spacious, better-appointed rooms (which include flat-screen tv, fridge & microwave), better amenities, far superior breakfast and very low staff turnover with good people and sound management.

Dining opportunities abound in the area, and nothing is more than five minutes by car. And one other (small) thing: If you run out of toothpaste or shaving cream, you don't get a one-time "squeeze tube" (like the Hampton), but a travel-size tube or can good for multiple uses, gratis. (OK, the free razor and toothbrush are just as good at the Hampton, but the ones from home are better.) Various discounts (e.g., AAA, etc.) are available making this a very good value.

Raymond Fordyce
Roswell,GA

Room Tip: The elevator and ice machines are located toward the front of the hotel on each of the three floors...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Ray30075
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
Hampton Inn Brevard
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Best Western Hendersonville Inn
Best Western Hendersonville Inn
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brevard? Share your experiences!