“Fun soda shop”

Rocky's Grill & Soda Shop
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American
Description: A tradition since 1942, Rocky's Grill & Soda Shop is a Brevard, North Carolina landmark. Step into Americana and belly up to the lunch counter for homemade food and dairy delights. Rocky's old-fashioned goodness will bring back sweet memories while we are creating new memories for tomorrow.
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Fun atmosphere for kids. Pretty standard menu for the style of restaurant. A little touristy clientele.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was really looking forward to Rocky's but I was very disappointed. As far as the food goes, it's very mediocre. I had a forgettable grilled cheese that came with some burned potato chips. However, I had a cherry flavored Coke that came with crushed ice and that was delicious!

The major problem here was with the staff. We had a very sloppy looking waiter who obviously didn't want to be there. Now ordinarily I wouldn't necessarily care about appearance but when I see him standing in the middle of restaurant making out with and feeling up his girlfriend and not washing his hands it becomes an issue. He was so busy doing this and messing with the menu sign, jukebox, whatever he could to avoid customer service he never even came back to the table until a long while later when he gave us the check. Then he actually asked us if we wanted anything else to which I of course said "No". We were planning on the White Squirrel Sundae dessert, but I was so irritated that I lost all appetite--too bad because we wanted to try it. Then he tells us to go pay for the check in the adjoining DD Bullwinkle's shop. So we walked around for a little bit seeing if there was anything we wanted to buy before heading to the register. Unfortunately, we decided against that too because the bitter women from the shop were following us around and glaring at us like we were shoplifting. Irritated me so much, I didn't even buy a postcard. We moved on to the White Squirrel Shoppe for our souvenirs which was much friendlier!

2  Thank Amy A
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

When i enter the place theres an antique TV and a unique items they sell bring me back to the 50's time.
Ordering the Banana Split, lets said... thats is the biggest and the best banana split i ever have.
Surely will back again with family :)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great food...better atmosphere. Kind of like taking a step back to the 50's. A bit pricey for what you get, but a fun place to go.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I parked my car and spent the afternoon walking and looking around downtown Brevard. I stopped in Rocky's Soda Shop for lunch. I ordered one of their hotdogs, it reminded me of Coney Island. Great hotdog and a lovely afternoon shopping at the local gift shops. I want to go back again for their icecream.