“Lola's”

Lola's Old Hickory House
Ranked #16 of 75 Restaurants in Brevard
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

After hearing many neighbors rave about Lola's Old Hickory House, my husband and I decided to go there. It helped that I had reviewed it - and it was featured in our local paper- so we knew that you order at the counter - seat yourselves and the food is brought to you. Very friendly faces behind that counter - they even dinged a bell in honor of our first visit. Daily specials are offered - each with two sides and cornbread or a roll. We both had fried chicken which is available every day. There is a large room for indoor seating - we sat outside on the huge wrap around porch - quiet- peaceful surroundings - the food came out in a very short time - everything was freshly cooked and delicious.
The restaurant and surroundings are clean - everyone very nice - great food - and I'll miss that dinging bell , but we will be going back - Hours are Tuesday - Sunday 11am-3pm.
Carolyn Mooney

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 23, 2017

We've eaten here multiple times during the past month and have tried most everything on the menu. Delicious southern cooking with a little Cajun thrown in for some recipes. Fried chicken is the best I've had since my Mamas!. The restaurant is housed in an enourmous log cabin with plenty of seating inside and also outside on the large front and side porches. The view is beautiful outside with rolling hills and hedges. There's a fireplace inside and couches so visitors can relax and stay awhile after dinner.
Service is friendly, speedy, and the servers are all very attentive.
Great place for lunch-would be good for a group also,

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at Lola's and won't be our last! The food was excellent, the service was quick, and the price is right.
We had the fried chicken with cornbread, mashed potatoes, and side salad .
My grandmother was from Alabama, she was a great southern cook. Lola's fried chicken was exactly the way my grandmother made it and the side were perfectly cooked! We sat outside on the deck with a view of a sweet back yard with a Horseshoe pit.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

For a combination of old fashioned southern ambiance with a creative twist and delicious food, this is the place to go! Don't be discouraged from the lack of reviews. The restaurant owner had been in Raleigh with his restaurant, Lola's, and moved back to be near family in Brevard - taking his restaurant with him. The beautiful grounds and quaint decor make you feel instantly at home. The fried chicken and BBQ were outstanding along with yummy southern style vegetables. As one of a group of ladies who enjoyed our mini high school reunion there, we all agreed it was the best stop on our trip. And we came from Miami, Boca Raton, Tallahassee, and a few locations in North Carolina. Unanimous praises all around!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed May 7, 2017

We ate here last Sunday at lunch and it was simply delicious Southern cooking at its best!!! The atmosphere is wonderful--inside and out!! The owner came around to check on us several times to see if we needed anything else,etc.
I am from Tallahassee but will definitely go back whenever I am near Brevardf!