Open today: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great venue to hang out for the average joe

We came with a group of 6 for the ‘Winter Reds’ tour. This stop was my favorite of 3 wineries we... read more

Reviewed January 27, 2019
Karalatt
Christiansburg, Virginia
via mobile
Corvette Club visit

Our club had the most chill out time here. We were met by Buddy the dog and it just got better... read more

Reviewed July 22, 2018
cristicrouch
Pinehurst, North Carolina

All reviews wine tasting wineries winery reds beers
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2017

i used to visit this winery from time to time when I lived in Roanoke, VA. I had vacation so I decided to visit this place and relive the good times. Wines are still good and everything is local. I bought Rockford Red which is blend of different grapes (be sure to chill two hours before serving).

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed January 29, 2017

We had never been to any of the wineries before so we didn't know what to expect. The Yadkin Winter Red festival is a really neat way to visit and try out their specific wines (and food pairings) that were offered. You actually see the inside of this winery and they are the biggest of the tour. Their offering was a little to bold but would pair really well with a great steak or beef dish.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 8, 2017

Beautiful place. Views were stunning. When I entered I was impressed instantly. The young man behind the counter was very knowledgeable about the grapes, wine-making process as well as the product. The shop was inviting and there were many interesting products. There was even a local author doing a book signing.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed January 7, 2017

The true merit of RagApple Lassie may be lost to many, it is easy to get lost with the hand painted bottles and the diversity of their wines! One conversation with either of the owners ( I was lucky to meet them both) will reveal to you two very important points: 1. They were one of the FIRST wineries in the coveted Yadkin Valley AVA; 2.) They are one of only two wineries in NC owned and operated by legitimate bonafide FARMERS and have went to great lengths to maintain the farm decor and ambiance as opposed to making it look more european. At a time when virtually no one wants to till the land they are a true throwback to a kindler gentler time! To have engaged the owner in a brief history of the development of this winery was priceless.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank OleMaitred
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

We planned an afternoon of visiting wineries in the area and a early dinner at Sanders Ridge Winery. (great food!) We walked into the tasting room where people had gathered at the bar. No one acknowledged us so we sat down to wait at the puzzle table. We began to notice that people were standing at the bar drinking glasses of wine and chatting with the servers. I walked over to the bar to get someone's attention after about 20 minutes. No one looked at me or acknowledged I was standing there. The servers and patrons continued with their conversations and laughter and glasses of wine. I seriously felt like I would be intruding on their fun if I asked about how to get a tasting. Now I understand we all go to wineries to taste, drink and buy wine but to allow people to stand and drink at the bar to the point that there isn't room for new patrons is wrong. There was amble seating as the tasting room is actually in the metal building where the wine is made. There are tables and chairs and bars and cases of wine about so it's a big place. Apparently you can but cheese from Ashe County and sit and enjoy it at one of these spots. We were even waiting at a big round table with a puzzle and then there's rocking chairs outside to enjoy your wine. So to have people order glasses at the bar just doesn't make sense. After about 30 minutes and my trying twice to get someone's attention we left. The wine may have been lovely but the service certainly was not. There are plenty of wineries in the area and every one we visited, outside of this one , was welcoming. They greeted us upon entering, told us about how long we'd wait for a tasting and even remembered the order of when we arrived.

Date of experience: September 2016
Ragapple, Public Relations Manager at RagApple Lassie Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and please accept our apologies for not honoring your presence!
As you mentioned,it is normal for many people to be at the bar tasting our wines and
enjoying themselves and it is also a regular occurrence for folks to relax in the chairs at the jigsaw table to either savor a glass of wine or simply wait for members of their group to finish tasting. Our MO is for everyone to have a good time while enjoying our award winning wines!
Again, we hope you forgive us and when you return please identify yourself and the two of you can taste gratis!!