“Won't ever stay again!”

Mountain Villa Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Mountain Villa Motor Lodge
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Have visited Boone many, many times and had always wanted to stay here and try it out - but they had been full in the past. So this time we were on a mini vacation with limited funds - and they had a vacancy. Staff was relatively friendly and let us have a key to look at the room first. Didn't look too bad, in fact, for an older property, it wasn't bad at all except for the tiny TV. The price was very reasonable and we liked that! Once in the room, we found that the mattresses were worn completely out and sagging - but decided we could live with that for the price. Unfortunately, there were at least three rooms rented out to construction workers - and more unfortunate - they were next to our room. The young guys worked on a car stereo in the parking lot until dark (around 8:30 PM) with booming, extremely loud music playing. Couldn't believe management would allow this!!!! But decided to be patient and see what happened. Afterwards, the party began in the room next to ours. I don't know how many guys (and girls) were in there but they sure were loud - yelling, shouting, in and out the room with doors slamming. Their van was just outside with the door open and a huge cooler available for their party. Even had guys stand just outside our room and talk on cell phones. I was furious - but husband said to give them a little while to see if they calmed down. At around 10:30 PM I finally called the office to complain and ask how long they were going to allow this kind of behavior. Was told they would send someone to tell them to hold it down. I was called back and told that someone went to talk to them - if so, it certainly never got through to them!!! I was told they were hard working boys and they would probably go to bed soon. I'll admit I was offered another room - but we had been in our pajamas for hours and really didn't want to pack up, get dressed and move to another room when this shouldn't have be allowed in the first place. Finally after 11 - they went to bed. But they were up bright and early at 6 AM making as much noise as the night before! To make matters worse, my husband was awakened in the middle of the night with a roach walking on his foot!!! Needless to say, we would never stay here again or advise anyone else to either. We were offered no apology at check out.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank classy_carolina_lady
There are newer reviews for Mountain Villa Motor Lodge

Reviewed May 18, 2008

We were hesitant about staying at this hotel because of the negative reviews on this site. We were traveling in a group and some one in the group suggested we stay there because of the value. From the curb appeal it looked dated and older.
Then we were pleasantly surprised after we opened the door to the room. The room was spacious, clean and a great value for the rate of $49.00 a night. The water in the shower was hot and the shower head was a different style and great !
If you are looking for a basic room at a good price with a comfortable bed and a very nice shower, this is a great place to stay. Also it is within walking distance to restuarants, and quick stop type groceries. We would stay at this motel again.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank DreamtripperUsa
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We tried to get rooms in Blowing Rock with no luck and most of the places we went to in Boone were booked up. When we passed Mountain Villa it had a sign $65.00 and down. Imagine that , most motels say And up.. The rooms were ok, they were clean. The only problem we had was the managers room was on the top floor beside our room and they seem to fuss and argue in a really loud tone. But after about 10:30 they calmed down. It would have been a real problem if we had to get up early or if we had small children but since we weren't going to bed early we just turned up the TV to drown them out.
Other than that our stay was comfortable for the price. I would recommend it to anyone

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed October 15, 2007

I had reviewed the hotel online and called to make reservations for my husband and I and our five year old son. I requested a double room that would consist of two double beds. Naturally one for my husband and I and one for our child. I stated this on the phone while making the reservations. We arrived to check in the hotel and we seemed to arrived during a very suspisious time of day where the hotel workers were preoccupied and we had to wait in the smoke filled office for the attendant to return. When we proceeded to check in we were informed that even though "double" was checked on the reservation card we were assigned a single bed room. The hotel had no other rooms avalilable. I booked this room over a month ago and I knew that we would not be able to find a hotel room last minute. We went to look at the room and there is no way that I would sleep in the room more less my child. So we had to go elsewhere to find a room and luckily we were able to find a room down the road and get a refund. I was very disappointed that I left the hotel smelling like a pack of cigarettes and I had to spend an hour of my vacation finding a hotel. I am disappointed in the hotel for the service, the rooms and the obvious mistake on their part of assigning me a room with one double bed for three people!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wendyturcotte
Reviewed November 19, 2006

I visit Boone often and always thought this would be a fun place to stay. My husband and I decided to take a trip to Boone on the spur of the moment one night and had not booked a room anywhere. When my husband called the lodge late that night the owner was on his way to bed but stayed up just to take our reservation.. and left the key to our room on the front of the lobby door. He went out of his way for us, which was wonderful. When we arrived I fell in love with the room (#19); it was something right out of the sixties. One wall was brick and the others, I believe, were wood. The furniture was awesome.

No, this was not the newest motel in the world. But I have stayed in several other places in Boone and the Mountain Villa by far had the most personality and charm. There is also a cute hot tub enclosed by a gazebo with sliding doors, and a small outdoor pool. Next time we will have to take a dip! We had a wonderful time. I reccomend it to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mrs_Bestlove
Reviewed October 4, 2006

Actually not in that bad of shape. Definitely an older motel, but rather quaint and rustic. The bathroom was clean and the beds slept fine. Probably one of the cheapest places to stay in the Boone area. Would recommend for those on a budget or young travelers (early 20s/30s).

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank appstatecutie213
A TripAdvisor Member
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed September 24, 2005

My husband and I prefer to travel with our pets. That can sometimes make it difficult to find a nice place to stay, and that is certainly true in Boone. If you're reading this chances are that you may be in the same position. I read horrible reviews about a couple of places and when I found this hotel and read the positive reviews I decided that we would definitely stay here. What a mistake!!! We didn't go in with high expectations and we didn't plan to spend all of our time in the hotel room, but we did expect a clean, comfortable bed to sleep in. When we walked in the room smelled bad but nothing unbearable. The beds were lumpy and creaky, but once again something we could manage. However the worst part began when my husband lifted the cover and out came a cockroach. After close inspection we didn't find any others so we decided to stay. It was difficult to sleep with the horribly loud air-conditioner (which never got the room quite cool enough to be comfortable sleeping) but at 3:30 in the morning it became impossible to sleep when the smoke alarm started beeping every two or three minutes. I guess the battery needed to be changed. I called downstairs but got no answer. My husband had a meeting early in the morning and I knew it wasn't very likely we'd find a hotel in the middle of the night so we had to stick it out. I'm not sure where the nice service was, during our stay, because I certainly didn't receive any. I was not even given an apology the next morning at checkout when I described our evening. Please take this advice and don't stay here. I wish that someone had written this review before we had our extremely unpleasant experience. There are places slightly outside of town that accept pets and the five or ten minute drive is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: September 2005