It was my son's birthday weekend and he wanted to go to Tweetsie Railroad, so after doing the research and discovering that most of the hotels were booked in Boone, I ended up making reservations here for a two room suite at about $250 a night for two nights. The hotel is easily located, near essential areas including a CVS and a Walgreens, and parking is plentiful. Check in was easy, quick, and efficient (which is essential when you have a child on the Autism Spectrum). The luggage cart I used was, per the norm, a poorly constructed pain to navigate which also had the added bonus of listing to the side--but that's typical. There are two elevators so we never had to wait very long, which is nice. We were given a choice of the fourth or fifth floor and as my son's favorite number is "5" we chose that. Our room was number 500 at the very end of the hallway. This was a nice suite--the floors, with the exception of the tiled bathroom, were wide plank dark hardwood. Immediately on entering the room the kitchenette is on your left and has a ample (really too much but I see the overall vibe they were going for and it works) cabinet space, granite counters, mini-fridge, microwave, nice metal high end barstools, and a cordless phone (this is the only phone--there isn't one by the bed which is odd). Just past the kitchen area is the living space with two club chairs, an ottoman, side table with lamp, round coffee table, sofa, fireplace, and television. All very clean, relatively comfortable, and well constructed--not saggy or worn looking at all. There is a door from here off to the balcony. From the living area you go through two double doors to the bedroom, which featured a king bed with wonderful pillows, white high thread count linens--but only a thin down alternative comforter. They had a blanket in the closet, but I never use those (bad experience with one at the Doubletree in Charleston SC--reeked of urine. It was disgusting--this one did not smell and I'm sure was clean, but the Doubletree scarred me). The room had another flat screen tv, a bench at the end of the bed, luggage rack--it was very well appointed. There was a door to the balcony from here as well overlooking the next door Lowe's, but with a great view of the mountains and the city lights (and my son loved seeing all the goings on in the garden center at Lowe's so it was a win-win). My on,y true complaint is that the locks on neither balcony door worked--of course you're on the fifth floor and only Spiderman can access the area, but still, door locks should always work. The bathroom was HUGE. Seriously. It had granite counters, tile floors, good water pressure. The only thing that made it seem not "high end" was the super small, cramped shower with the shower head way too close to the shower opening (no door, just a curtain). It was a little creepy. The huge tub, however, was awesome. The suite itself could use better lighting--there were the usual number of lamps but with the dark wood, dark furniture--some more lighting wouldn't hurt.
We used the pool twice while there and both times it was incredibly cold--it is obviously not a heated pool. I think that was poorly planned--but the pool was a nice size, the pool furniture was good quality. You do have to get your towels from the front desk, and can have several at a time. The breakfast was quite good! Check out was easy. The housekeeping staff are friendly and efficient.Overall, it was a great stay and I would absolutely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Video Tour of the hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Boone was recipient of the 2003 Development Award as well as the 2004 and 2006 Quality Excellence Award. We are a five story, 129 room hotel offering: two room suites with fireplaces, a jacuzzi and a balcony; King rooms with jacuzzi and standard rooms with Queen beds. All guest rooms have complimentary high speed wireless internet service. This Boone hotel also features a free hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Visit Boone, NC and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Boone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Boone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Boone Hotel Boone
- Holiday Inn Boone
- Boone Holiday Inn Express