“Awesome experience!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at this HI for a short "getaway". We found the room (524) to be wonderful! It had an extremely large bathroom, comfy beds, refrigerator and a balcony with a beautiful view of the mountains in the distance. This hotel is super close to everything in Boone, Many, many places to eat and shop (the mall is also just down the road). Downtown Boone is not far at all. Due to being a priority club member, I almost always use the HI chain of hotels....and I would rate my experience as one of the best! Breakfast is very good....the gathering area to eat is very cozy and well decorated. The pool is outdoors and not massive in size...however, big enough to satisfy my13 year-old's need to take a swim. It appeared to be cozy, very clean and well maintained. Staff were all very pleasant and welcoming. During our stay, we went hiking, shopping and horseback riding....and all were no farther then a 15-20 minute drive from this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone traveling in the area! We certainly plan to return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our stay in room 524. It is facing the mountains.....and even though you are overlooking...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am in Boone frequently on Business and I had been to many hotels in the area. This was my first time in Holiday Inn. I called ahead of time and requested a microwave. The staff who answered the phone told me my room type does not have a microwave and he will try to get me one but there is no guarantee he will be able to do it. When I checked in I did not mention it but was pleasantly surprised when I found not only the microwave but a refrigerator. The room was very nice, clean and spacious. The second day the room was cleaned well and every thing stocked back to original (one Hotel in Boone did not do that). Breakfast was very decent and it was the only place that had fresh pan cake and did not Dave the dreadful waffle machine.

Room Tip: Apparently the staff is very responsive . If you have a specific need ask them.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We only stayed at Holiday Inn Express for one night. However, it was a very clean hotel with friendly staff. The room and bathroom were clean, spacious, and up-to-date as with other Holiday Inns. The breakfast was very tasty with a great variety of condiments, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage links, pancake and automatic pancake maker, bagels and bread slices with toaster, variety of miniature berry flavored yogurts, variety of breakfast drinks, and hot and cold cereals. We did not appreciate that the pool was an outdoor pool, but it can easily be glassed-in to create a more pleasurable experience by guests throughout the year.

Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've had some great experiences at HIE, but this was not one of them. Primarily, the website said the room had a refrigerator and microwave. My double bed room did not. When I asked, I was told that is only the suites, but I double checked my reservation, and it said I was getting a fridge and microwave. The website also indicated that for the type of room I had. The front desk said they'd mention it to the manager and get it removed from the web site. Secondly, the room was configured awkwardly, it was difficult to get comfortable. The coffee pot was a full 4 cup size, which is always a plus, but the handle on it was loose once the pot got hot, and separated from the top of the pot, making it very difficult to pour. Breakfast is standard HIE fare, with the tempting cinnamon rolls, and dry overcooked eggs. The pancake maker was broken, and the dining area so crowded, families were sitting on the floor to eat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear idlewood4,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I would like to apologize for any confusion regarding your room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We made our reservation through the Holiday Inn Central system. They told us we had a 2 bedroom suite. Turned out, the hotel only had a one bedroom suite. Though it was a nice suite, it did not fit our needs. The front desk was very helpful and gave us adjoining rooms with a connector door. This worked well for us. The breakfast buffet was good: scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruit, cereal, yogurt, breads etc. The hotel is right on the main road, next to Lowes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

My room was very clean, and quiet. Property is well located with lots of eating and shopping places nearby. Front desk staff was very professional and friendly. Would definitely stay here again, in fact, I'm thinking of becoming one of their Rewards Members just because I was so impressed with how nice everything was.

• Stayed May 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Super beds, super staff and AWESOME breakfast..convenient location as well!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone....safe and all you are looking for in a good hotel at a great price! In Boone but near Blowing Rock and other tourist spots as well!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family