“Awesome stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome stay!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I don't know what these other travelers are whining about, the mattress I slept on was immaculate. I can be sort of a picky traveler- I like things to go exactly as planned, so I always call ahead to request whatever accommodations I would like. Brian was patient with me, and put up with me calling about three different times. He made sure I got a room on the top floor, like I requested. Upon arrival, Rachel (I think that was her name....) was all smiles and super friendly. Check-in process was a breeze. Tiffany helped my friend and I by giving us directions to Tennessee and getting us checked out. Also, I did not get their names but the breakfast attendants were cordial and everything seemed hot and fresh. The hotel was clean, and surpassed my standards. I'm not sure what all the negative reviews for, but I found nothing to complain about at this property...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chelsea A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Franklinville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This easy to get to motel provided a good, quiet night of sleep in a nice clean room. Easy access to sights and restaurants in Boone and Blowing Rock. Usual shopping sites near by. Good meeting rooms available. Helpful staff.

Room Tip: Any where is fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SKJD
Olga M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear SKJD,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We appreciate your kind words. We are happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and quiet and the staff helpful. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Boone.

Guest Services Manager
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The outside of this hotel, the lobby area, the breakfast area, and corridors are very nice and well kept. The room I stayed in left something to be desired. The furniture seemed old and worn out. The room had a slight musty smell. The bed (mattress) was in need of replacement. I have stayed in hotels 130+ nights/year for the past 15 years and this was the most uncomfortable bed I have EVER slept in. My back is killing me this morning and sure to make my 10 hour drive home very unpleasant. I have never slept in a bed that sagged so much and I feel as though I didn't sleep at all.

• Stayed April 2013
Olga M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear rhkfwain,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to hear that you thought our lobby, hallways, and breakfast bar area looked nice and well kept. We worked really hard on the recent renovation of all of our public spaces. I would like to assure you that the next phase of our large scale hotel renovation is to make major changes to our sleeping rooms. We are planning to put the new carpet, change the wallpaper, as well as update the curtains and furniture in the room. I was sorry to hear that you did not find our mattresses to be comfortable. I would like to sincerely apologize for the discomfort you may have experienced and assure you that all of the mattresses in the hotel are less than 2 years old. I would very much appreciate if you could contact me at olga@expressboone.com with the details about your room number so we could resolve any issues you had with the mattress and avoid any future dissatisfaction. We take our guests’ comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. While I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I hope we get another opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Boone.

Guest Services Manager
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here recently connected to a campus visit to Appalachian State University. Overall room and bathroom were larger than I expected for a Holiday Inn Express. We were on 3rd floor and even had a walk-out balcony. Very convenient to the University with loads of restaurants and eateries. Front desk staff were very personable. The breakfast area was particularly spacious and lovely decor. My negatives were that there was not a mini-fridge in the room and the furniture could stand updating. Beyond that - lovely facility in a lovely area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here during the last week of March. We were there to get some last minute skiing in for the season. The hotel is in an excellent location in Boone. Right in the heart of all the restaurants and stores. It is VERY close to the App State campus as well. It took us about 15-20 minutes to get to Sugar Mountain to ski. There are only a couple run down options over near Banner Elk, so we opted to stay here. Plus all of the restaurants are open until 11-12 each night, so we could grab a bite nice and late. We skied twilight one night and we had time to eat. The problem is everything near the large ski resorts closes early. Boone is a great little town and the downtown area is nice to walk around too.

The hotel was immaculate inside and out, from the lobby to the room and bathroom. The front desk staff was very attentive and helpful. If you are in Boone, stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
North Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel seemed fine when we checked in; halls were clean and the room looked clean at first.
I went into the bathroom and a used cake of soap was laying on the counter. We had to move the chair next to the bed in order to have enough room to get by and there was a box cutter under the chair. Went out on the balcony and there was a partial bottle of wine and a plastic cup with cigarette butts. It's hard to believe that this room was cleaned very well. The irony is that there is a sign sitting beside the TV that states the housekeeping staff works very hard to clean the room and a tip would be appreciated. No way would we leave a tip for this kind of service!
I hate to think what would happen if a child got hold of the box cutter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank barbab
Olga M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear barbab,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the level of cleanliness in your room and for the inconvenience it might have caused you. We take our guests’ feedback seriously and I wanted to assure you that your comments will be addressed with the housekeeping department to make sure similar issues can be avoided in the future. We appreciate your candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve. Once again, I apologize for the unacceptable cleanliness issues and hope you can give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Maiden, NC
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We mostly stay at this property everywhere we go because of not only the staff, but also the cleanliness of the hotel, the food, but most of all, the value for what you pay. The staff is always helpful and friendly, very much about making sure the customer is taken care of. The room was very well put together (we had a suite), it had a microwave, a mini fridge, king bed with a pull out couch, and a whirlpool jacuzzi tub. It was spacious enough for me and my husband and our teen boys. The breakfast was good... one of the reasons we stay with them. Stocked with eggs, pancakes, variety of breads, fruit, etc. I would definitely not only stay at this hotel again, which we will in the near future, but also would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We had a room on the south side of the hotel towards the back and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family