“Perfect”

Holiday Inn Express Boone
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel was spotless, wonderful breakfast with protein, cinnamon buns, fresh fruit..The ambiance was ideal for the mountain setting. We didn't spend much time there but to shower and sleep because there are so many wonderful adventures to be had in Boone!

Room Tip: I just asked for a quite room and the receptionist gave me one.
1  Thank pickychrissy

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Having a fridge in room is important to me. There wasn't one here. No exhaust fan in bathroom. Don't plan on using the mirror right after a shower. And speaking of shower, guess what they supplied for a bath mat...a hand towel! No joke. And I paid over a hundred for a night. I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Bob C,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a clean and comfortable accommodation at a good value. I am sorry our hotel fell short of your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Joel B

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed in the 2 room suite and overall we were happy with the room. It was clean and the king mattress was very comfortable. (In fact, I'd love to know what kind of mattress that was.) The bathroom also had some cool features such as the whirlpool tub and a Rain shower head that was fully adjustable for pressure. But, have to mention that the wifi signal was poor. We were on the second floor and barely had signal, dropped often. This is a very important amenity for us, and will make or break our return stay. In this case, break. A previous reviewer mentioned that the pool was freezing, and let me second that. It was so cold it prevented us from enjoying it as much as we planned. They definitely need to heat it a bit. Finally, the breakfast bar was typical...nothing fancy, but I wish they would've included fruit.

1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed June 23, 2012

A real surprise after having stayed in Holiday Inn Biltmore, Asheville. We would expect H.I. Express to have less facilities but we couldn't have asked for more. The hotel gives a real "Daniel Boone" feel with the rustic mountain design. Our room was spacious with plenty of chairs, a comfortable bed and pillows and a fridge. Our bathroom had the latest in modern fittings, shower and a whirlpool tub. My only complaint is the breakfast bar. I avoid cereal when we stay in hotels because there is never any soy milk available. I managed to find some boiled eggs which had been refrigerated. There were a couple of staff in the kitchen and it would take little time and effort to serve eggs hot.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is okay for an overnight stay, but is just average. Negatives include a VERY filthy ceiling vent cover, the "heated" pool was not heated at all (freezing, too cold to enjoy). There are plenty of other hotels in Boone that offer a better value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gottatravelFlorida
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear gottatravelFlorida,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Rest assured that your comments about the ceiling vent cover and the pool have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Boone.

Janice A.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

While this hotel is pretty nice overall, I can only rate it as average based upon the fact that there was no refrigerator or bathroom fan in the room. If I'm paying upwards of $100/night, I assume if there's a fridge in the room. Next time I'll know better. To me that's a serious oversight on someone's behalf and a serious ding against the overall grade.

About the bathroom fan, I noticed where the bathroom was exhausting to, which was a return in the light box above the bathroom sink (which, by the way, had dirty and dusty grates - I think some of the dust bunnies had a few gray hairs), but that doesn't exactly get rid of "odors" and steam quickly.

Other than those two items, this isn't a bad place. Beds are nice and there is a small bar sink in the room (wait, we have a bar sink, but no bath fan or fridge?), and there's ample room within the two queen bed room with a LCD TV. WiFi is pretty good - much better and stronger than the other HIE we stayed in last year we were in Boone. Breakfast was the standard fare of cereals, eggs, sausage, biscuits, muffins, cinnamon rolls and pancakes. Nothing special, but a good way to start the day.

Would I stay here again? Not likely. Clean is one thing (which this place was save for the light grids in the bathroom), but no fridge and bath fan is definitely a downer. I've stayed in $50/night "dives" that had both.

Room Tip: Ask if room has a fridge
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Brian_Longo,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I am pleased you found our bedroom accommodations attractive and the wifi connection acceptable. I apologize that some items in your room were missing.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the nice updates in our room and the size of the room. Flat screen tv, new carpet, granite countertops, nice tile in the large bath, an extra sink in the room which was convenient for us. Our only complaint was the shower curtain was too short for the tub, creating a mess every time we showered. Staff was friendly, lobby updated, good breakfast. We will be coming back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone
1 mi away
Courtyard Boone
Courtyard Boone
#5 of 18 in Boone

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boone? Share your experiences!